Very very high idle with PWK carbs 33mm

I'm asking myself if turning air screw clockwise on my carbs are supposed to make the engine idle lower or higher??! It seems for now that clockwise is making the idle higher??? Its like the engine is at 1/4 full throttle without touching the thumb!! Thing is I'm living in city and the noise its making is crazy!! So I cant test things for a long time and I dont want to damage beeing lean.

I'm looking for any tips guys!!Theres not too much on idle problems on google..

Could it be that the throttle cable is totally unadjusted? Air leaks even if everything is tight with the Boss intake? Jets really off?

setup:

stroker 385cc

cool heads

Vforce 3

starts very easy

carbs are cleaned

jets are pilot 50 and main 110

+4 timing

T5 exhaust

Boss intake

2 in 1 filter

brand new plugs

living in Quebec canada, not sure of elevation. Now hot/humid/warm out here but it can go cold anytime..

Edited by bansheenoob

yup i agree take the filters off and take a peek to make sure the slides are all the way down. then sinc/ajust as needed.theres also the option of a snail lookin carb sinc tool. if thats not it .pos air leak so look into makin a leaky down test..or youll blower up. gooodluck

Edited by shakar

Clockwise = higher idle

LOL thats why the idle was stupid high!!

do the slides go completely down when you are not giving it gas?

another thought is air leak

I'll have a look if the slides go completly down, but what is the normal air gap when throttle is at idle? is it completly shut?

yup i agree take the filters off and take a peek to make sure the slides are all the way down. then sinc/ajust as needed.theres also the option of a snail lookin carb sinc tool. if thats not it .pos air leak so look into makin a leaky down test..or youll blower up. gooodluck

How much it taes to damage an engine running a bit lean? I never went on a ride, just idled 2 mins max...I'll try to sync the carbs to..

thanks for all the good advice

Ok! Now the idle is fine, a bit low, but 10000x better!! The idle screw and the air/fuel are 3 turns out and the custom adjustable vent carb valve too.

BUT, I drove it around my house and let it idle for 10mins and stopped it. After, I started it again with 1 easy kick and let it idle for 1min, then 1/4 throttle and the Banshee made a deep tone, like it was too rich and just drown in fuel.

Now it just wont start LOL!!

I guess its tune time....

Edited by bansheenoob