Got a tranny leak

Alright I was gonna take the shee out for a ride the other day when I noticed it had a puddle of tranny fluid underneath it. I checked the fluid and it was low enough not to register on the dipstick. I checked over the quad and the whole back side of the transmission is oily, along with oil all over the underside of the swingarm and all over the shock. I know it is tranny fluid on the shock and the shock is not leaking. I also have a small puddle of tranny fluid under the shift shaft. I cleaned everything up and took it for a 5 or 6 mile ride and when I got back it all was covered again. Can the shift shaft seal be leaking that bad or do I have other possible problems as well. One other thing to note as well is when I bought the banshee the back part of the stator cover, the part covering the sprocket was cut off. Isn't there a guide or bushing for the shift shaft that is supposed to be there. So I will be looking for a good stator cover as well if that is the case. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Also seeing as you said you recently bought the bike.......check the cases all around the shift shaft.....if the chain has broken before it can crack the cases. Or if it doesn't crack the case it could have smacked the shift shaft hard enough to crack the case on the lower side (not the top side like normal)

The Banshee motor is a spin off of a street bike motor, which had a neutral indicater light switch. On Banshee it's only a cover, it has an O-ring, or could be old and cracked. Same side as sprocket, front and down of sprocket. :cheers:

There's a replacement solid aluminum cover for it.

That cover has a crack in it that is on my list to order. Is the o ring on the outside of the case?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

That cover has a crack in it that is on my list to order. Is the o ring on the outside of the case?

Well if it was on the out side it wouldn't do you any good. I had the same problem. Mine was the shift shaft seal. An easy way to know its that cover is the dirt around it wet or trans fluid puddle up in that area.

Well if it was on the out side it wouldn't do you any good. I had the same problem. Mine was the shift shaft seal. An easy way to know its that cover is the dirt around it wet or trans fluid puddle up in that area.

No I just meant is the o ring on the outside of the tranny case wondering if it can be replaced without splitting cases