10mil cheetah clutch or tranny problems

greatwhitebuffalo

I have a k&t 10mil cheetah. It has a billet 2nd gear, lockup, billet clutch basket. My problem is I launched and the then all the sudden the motor kept running but the bike wasn't moving. I can put it into any gear and it feels like its in neutral.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have a k&t 10mil cheetah. It has a billet 2nd gear, lockup, billet clutch basket. My problem is I launched and the then all the sudden the motor kept running but the bike wasn't moving. I can put it into any gear and it feels like its in neutral.

Well yank the clutch cover off and see whats up in there, if you don't find anything, its time to split the cases and check your trans...

I should've said I pulled the cover.. I cant see anything wrong.. but its smells burnt up... I'm gonna split the cases tomorrow. I was just trying to get an idea of what might be wrong..

when my clutches went it smelled like burnt wood. And there was MUD inside the case.

It was supposedly a new everything when I bout the motor.. it does smell like burnt wood. There was also some mud looking stuff in there.. but I didn't have time to really look good yet.. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any metal shavings or anything. Could a burnt clutch cause it to act like its neutral when its in gear?

It was supposedly a new everything when I bout the motor.. it does smell like burnt wood. There was also some mud looking stuff in there.. but I didn't have time to really look good yet.. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any metal shavings or anything. Could a burnt clutch cause it to act like its neutral when its in gear?

Hell yeah. Nothing to grab onto. Its basically steel on steel. And there is just way to much slop between all the plates.