My new 06

F11

Hi all. I just picked up an 06 SE in yellow/black in nice shape. Only mods are T5's and the air box lid has been opened up by the previous owner. There is a Toomey air filter in it as well. (which looks to me like any UNI filter system with Toomey name on it.) Still has TORS which will be taken off soon.

Prior owner claims he had someone install the pipes/airbox mod and jetted the bike afterwards. (I dont know what jets he put in it) He runs 20:1 Castor 927 in it. That sounds like a lot of oil to me. Prior owner told me the shop that did the mods told him to run 20:1 and that is what he has done since.

The plugs look good - light brown insulator and no buildup/carbon etc. Could be a little leaner but at least I know that it has been well lubricated.

Bike smokes quite a bit on startup and cleans out somewhat when riding. The silencer tips get drippy wet with splooge even after a short ride. I am an old man 2 stroke guy so I am used to this - I have a kdx 200 that is worse.

From a low rpm if I hammer the throttle, there is a momentary bog. Bike runs great otherwise.

Any thoughts on getting rid of the bog? (air screw?) How about the 20:1 ratio?

I think I understand the relationship of oil to "lean" or "rich" conditions. Those terms relate to the fuel/air mixture. Add more oil to the mixture and the bike will actually run "leaner" because you are replacing fuel with more oil. So am I right that going to a 32:1 will make the bike run "richer" although with less oil, smoke and splooge out of the pipe? ( or is the extra smoke from the fuel/air mixture as opposed to more oil?) At that point am I looking at smaller main jets to clean it up a bit?

ya you want 32-1 some guys run 40-1 and 50-1. i like 32-1. A little extra oil cant hurt. the bog Most likely would be the main and or pilot im guessing if they had a shop jet it they put a toomey needle in it which they suck i took mine out and put stockers in and havnt looked back. id pull apart your carbs see what size your jets are needle and what clip the needle is on, main, pilot, and how many turns on your airscrew. Then report back with that and elevation and temp.