98 banshee running rough

hey i would like a lil feed back to this my shee runs great until it gets hot then it starts missing out on one side if i kee the rpm up it runs fine ???????? also what kind of lube to run in my crankcase i used a lot of different oils like tranny fluid=slips 30# =slips any suggestions and another thing my light all of a sudden quit working right before they quit they got really bright and then just stopped SOMEBODY HELP MEEEEEE PLEASE

also what is a happy medium starting for the air adjustment screw ive seen 1.5 turns out 2 turns out when i got my shee it was like .5 turns out now i got it about 1-1.75 turns out it idles fine but kinda boggy when hammered

How old is yo gas? That could be the problem that or jetting. Check your air filter too.

the gas is new ummm it was running great and then alll of a sudden it started acting up it has the junk stock air filter i have been wanting to put 2 single air filters on it but that cost a lil bit of money that i dont have at the moment and when i tore the carbs apart to clean them the main jet on the left side was loose i tightend it up and thats the side that acts up if i keep the rpm up it runs rough but ok i guess just as soon as i try to idle down bit it starts popping and all that one buddy of mine says maybe the stator ?????

the gas is new ummm it was running great and then alll of a sudden it started acting up it has the junk stock air filter i have been wanting to put 2 single air filters on it but that cost a lil bit of money that i dont have at the moment and when i tore the carbs apart to clean them the main jet on the left side was loose i tightend it up and thats the side that acts up if i keep the rpm up it runs rough but ok i guess just as soon as i try to idle down bit it starts popping and all that one buddy of mine says maybe the stator ?????

It might be stator ive never heard of this before so ill leave it to someone that has.

Cleaned carbs GOOD? Taken comepletely apart either soaked or good amount of carb clean then blown out with air. Check/set float level? TORS or no? New plugs? Check for air leaks? Carb caps tight? What did plugs look like? :cheers:

tors removed the plugs had a greyish look to them i dont know how to set float setting and yes carbs cleaned well what would you recomend to check for air leaks

tors removed the plugs had a greyish look to them i dont know how to set float setting and yes carbs cleaned well what would you recomend to check for air leaks

ok cleaned the carbs and all that ummm thejets say 200 on them could that be part of the problem.... when i get it to start it pops and kinda backfires only on one side and if i try and let it idle it pops and dies im soo lost on this one im usually good at troubleshooting someting and figureing it out but not on this one

131 words in one sentence. That has GOT to be some kind of record!!

i saw a clip on youtube of a shee backfiring... it sounded and acted just like mine .. and dude replaced the rings on his and cleared it up ... with that being said. is there any way to check the rings without takning the jugs off

i saw a clip on youtube of a shee backfiring... it sounded and acted just like mine .. and dude replaced the rings on his and cleared it up ... with that being said. is there any way to check the rings without takning the jugs off

Compression test will tell you if you need to freshen up the top end. Make sure the gauge you use has the same length threads on it as the threads on your plugs. You should be able to search in the mod and repair forum for the procedure. Good luck