Leaking transmission oil

Rory

Hello all

My banshee leaking oil i found a crack on the casing just under shift shaft. i tried chemical mental and it worked fine for awhile

but the crack got bigger.. any idea would it be something wrong inside the casing make the crack? and can it be welded? thanks in advance!

Hello all

My banshee leaking oil i found a crack on the casing just under shift shaft. i tried chemical mental and it worked fine for awhile

but the crack got bigger.. any idea would it be something wrong inside the casing make the crack? and can it be welded? thanks in advance!

I would just snag a new set of cases. Cheaper and easier in the long run than dicking with trying to weld the cases and getting everything to seal correctly. Cases are $200 or less, and you can find dirty cases with a chain whack for under $100 a lot of times. Clean up the chain whack, spray them down with carb cleaner and blast them at the car wash and you are good to go most of the time. Just look around.

Jared

IF you know someone that is handy with welding cast it could be done on a budget. I have a friend that does alot of stuff with cast intakes on cars so welding it up would be a no-brainer for me. a shop might charge you a bit though.

Another option is to go to a vocational school that does welding. Most teachers are cool and have a student do it( they don't put the idiot to do it they have more sense then that). They'd be happy to do it for lunch most of the time.

X2

When I was in welding school. I did that all the time.