Porting pics?

ive been a member a short time but while reading how to improve my banshee i keep seeing recommendations for porting.So then i searched porting and wow!Theres alot of types and info a little confusing for a newb.

So i was wondering if those of you with porting done or those of you that are porting gurus could post pics up of the different types of porting and what that particular port job is most useful in?

Thanks!

Damn theres a lot to read here lol

ive been a member a short time but while reading how to improve my banshee i keep seeing recommendations for porting.So then i searched porting and wow!Theres alot of types and info a little confusing for a newb.

So i was wondering if those of you with porting done or those of you that are porting gurus could post pics up of the different types of porting and what that particular port job is most useful in?

Thanks!

Damn theres a lot to read here lol

Use the Search Button.

Your best bet is call one of the cite sponsors and describe what type of riding you do and what you want from your bike. The level of power will depend on how much you want to spend. I went to Herrjugs and he will answer all your questions. You will get great feedback from any of the sponsors.

Like i said , you could have some drag ported cylinders and some trail ported cylinders side by side and other then port shape, you may not be able to tell the difference with out measuring.

That makes sense and is also what i was afraid of.

So how do you tell by glance what you have if you buy say a used set?

I wouldnt want to get buffaloed into some garbage no knowing what i was looking at.

Your best bet is call one of the cite sponsors and describe what type of riding you do and what you want from your bike. The level of power will depend on how much you want to spend. I went to Herrjugs and he will answer all your questions. You will get great feedback from any of the sponsors.

Thanks i will.

But that leads me to a few questions.

one whos the BEST porter here?

second whats a good price?

That makes sense and is also what i was afraid of.

So how do you tell by glance what you have if you buy say a used set?

I wouldnt want to get buffaloed into some garbage no knowing what i was looking at.

you dont. obviously if the porting looks like it was done with a chainsaw and finished off with a chisel then stay away. Buy from Members in good standing with good feedback.

I dont think your going to get a result for all out best porter, they all kick ass and have heard no complaints from any cite sponsors. Don't buy used cylinders for the porting thats just not a good idea. Again call a sponsor they can answer all your questions. The prices are on the cite links just look.