wossner vs. wiseco

jonvia

I am going to be sending some cylinders off to get re-bored and honed. they are dune port cylinders. i will be buying new pistons so i am looking to get the best piston for those cylinders. are wossner pistons as good as people tell me? they say they are a great piston and do not expand as much as a wiseco.. i wanted to try some wossners just to see how i like em. can anyone vouch for wossners?

I am going to be sending some cylinders off to get re-bored and honed. they are dune port cylinders. i will be buying new pistons so i am looking to get the best piston for those cylinders. are wossner pistons as good as people tell me? they say they are a great piston and do not expand as much as a wiseco.. i wanted to try some wossners just to see how i like em. can anyone vouch for wossners?

Are they a cast piston? The only piston I trust for a 2 stroke is a Wiseco forged piston.

i know the wossners are a bit heavier.. and they have an extraa window port in the piston? or a bigger one? they are forged and teflon coated. i emailed a guy on everythingtwostroke.com i think it was but anyways he told me they dont expand as much as a wiseco.. because the wiseco uses some sort of high silicone? idk. they are german made ;) lol. i think i might run a set. they are a tad cheaper too

Bobby, there is cheap WSM Platinum pistons that are cast. The forged pistons are actually more money then the wiseco's. They are good pistons and I've had great luck with them. I think i was paying 199 a set for my cub.

Thanks Shayne, i figured they had to have been cast just because of the price just wasnt sure..... banghead

Thanks Shayne, i figured they had to have been cast just because of the price just wasnt sure..... banghead

I use the platinum pistons in"stockish" bikes with no failures yet. I got them in about 14 bikes right now and all running strong.. I probably wouldn't use them in anything like what we build.

I use the platinum pistons in"stockish" bikes with no failures yet. I got them in about 14 bikes right now and all running strong.. I probably wouldn't use them in anything like what we build.

people knock on cast pistons based only on hearsay. Just think of how many clapped out banshees are still running on their stock pistons. I think they are a great option for a stockish bike.

The wisecos in my bike have 2 years of hard running on them and its got piston slap already. :rolleyes: