Finally Time for A suspension update

eldreder

Haha everyone has said I need to get the frame powdercoated. I want to, but at this point I don't want to miss any more ride time. And I really don't wanna spend another 500 dollars, we'll just call it the rat rod for now haha

Edited by eldreder

Oh boy. More issues are my favorite.

I got the front suspension most of the way together except the new calipers that I got are completely different and don't appear to bolt up.

Does anyone know if the style of the calipers was changed at all after 87?

615c2a70-6437-e9a4.jpg

So then I decided to get the swing arm taken off, that went decent, until i got the tube out of the swing arm and I can't even begin to think of what could have caused this

615c2a70-64be-2dff.jpg

615c2a70-64ca-71b2.jpg

615c2a70-64d6-f7d0.jpg

Is anyone else as amazed by this as me? And could I smooth it out with a file or should I just buy a new one?

This might sound stupid. But how do you go about doing the front end alignment ? I understand how to line it up and what not, but I can't think of any easy ways of unscrewing the ball joints from the arm without taking the whole thing back apart.

Any help there would be appreciated

Just finger tighten the ball joints until you are happy with how they are adjusted, then tighten to spec. If they are just finger tightened, they will still come back apart, and be close enough to make adjustments.