hjr mx hardcore port job.

the kit is a shaved stock head with wiseco forged pistons for the 65mm mx hardcore cylinders, he wants me to run pc pipes and stock carbs, which i have no clue why when i have 28mm carbs? im looking for a cool head. also he said +5 timing, this kit is a pump gas kit for stock stroke...

the kit is a shaved stock head with wiseco forged pistons for the 65mm mx hardcore cylinders, he wants me to run pc pipes and stock carbs, which i have no clue why when i have 28mm carbs? im looking for a cool head. also he said +5 timing, this kit is a pump gas kit for stock stroke...

Yea thats odd that he would want you to use stock carbs. But All I can say is, if you need stock carbs I will trade ya mine for your 28's and possibly some cash

Yea thats odd that he would want you to use stock carbs. But All I can say is, if you need stock carbs I will trade ya mine for your 28's and possibly some cash

well ill wait till i get it all set up on my stockers first. i might see if i can do some more supporting mods, but the 28mm carbs are brand new and i really wouldnt want to take such a hit on the price. but ill talk to kevin and see what he thinks would be the best supporting mods for it...

also, its crazy when i took the lid off the airbox, it needed 330 main jets, last (rich) clip on the needle, 27.5 pilot jets and 2 turns out..... kevin said with the porting it needs 330 main jets, 25 pilots, and 2-3 turns out on the air screw.... i thought porting would require more fuel?

I had a similar issue with jetting after my 4 mil and porting... Denny at flotek had me ball on the money with jetting, and if I remeber I went from 300 with stock pilots and Toomey needles, to 320 or 330 with stock pilots and stock needle set to the middle...

I recently went to 28pwks and I'm at 155 main and 45 pilot. I forget which needle but I'm middle clip... I think it's a Jjh needle

My next banshee will have this port Job. I had Kevin port my last Oem jugs for mid/top and used 28mm mikuni flat slides and t5s, it had great power off idle until it signed off. I could only imagine how ridable this port job is.

well ill wait till i get it all set up on my stockers first. i might see if i can do some more supporting mods, but the 28mm carbs are brand new and i really wouldnt want to take such a hit on the price. but ill talk to kevin and see what he thinks would be the best supporting mods for it...

also, its crazy when i took the lid off the airbox, it needed 330 main jets, last (rich) clip on the needle, 27.5 pilot jets and 2 turns out..... kevin said with the porting it needs 330 main jets, 25 pilots, and 2-3 turns out on the air screw.... i thought porting would require more fuel?

The stock carbs will more than support the work. They will do 65hp all day long. If you have 28mm carbs lying around then use them but I personally wouldn’t spend the money on them new if I had good stock carbs.

Jet the stock carbs 330 main, stock needle mid clip, 25 pilots will work most of the time with a half turn out on the air screw, if not use 27.5 at 1 1/2 out on the air screw. This will get you in the game. Fine tune it to your liking from that point.

If you are running 370 mains on the stock carbs with my port work you are pig rich or have an air leak.

The stock carbs will more than support the work. They will do 65hp all day long. If you have 28mm carbs lying around then use them but I personally wouldn’t spend the money on them new if I had good stock carbs.

Jet the stock carbs 330 main, stock needle mid clip, 25 pilots will work most of the time with a half turn out on the air screw, if not use 27.5 at 1 1/2 out on the air screw. This will get you in the game. Fine tune it to your liking from that point.

If you are running 370 mains on the stock carbs with my port work you are pig rich or have an air leak.

right from the man himself.

I run hjr mx hardcore port, and man this thing rip! I have keeped the stock carb as i were seeking for the max low torque. My mod is, t5 exhaust, +4 timing, hjr noss head 21cc dome, wiseco .020, true weld crank, reed spacer, vforce 2, pod on carb, 26mm stock carb, shift star mod. I had to put 330 main, mid clip, and 30 pilot 1turn and a half on screw and now ride like a champ. I ride in tight sand trail and mx track, and let me say that when i hit the pipe out of a corner, nothing can stop that things! Just wanna share my experience ;)