Complete Rebuilt Engine. Ported, Coolhead, Hinson

There is a nub on the clutch cover that keeps the shift shaft from sliding to the right. Without the cover on, the shift shaft can slide out so that it does not catch the pegs on the shift star. Push it in and see if that solves your problem.

I will try it the moment I get home. Thanks

There is a nub on the clutch cover that keeps the shift shaft from sliding to the right. Without the cover on, the shift shaft can slide out so that it does not catch the pegs on the shift star. Push it in and see if that solves your problem.

Hell ya! That was in Star! It was out like 1/2 inch. I pushed it back in and pop, right into neutral. I have it ready to go minus pipes. Tomorrow for the first start and break-in. Good shit!

Hell ya! That was in Star! It was out like 1/2 inch. I pushed it back in and pop, right into neutral. I have it ready to go minus pipes. Tomorrow for the first start and break-in. Good shit!

Cool, glad that's what it was. I have run into that problem while trying to bench shift a trans before putting the cases together. Maybe I'll make a plate that bolts to the lower case to hold the shift shaft in place while checking things out without the clutch cover on.

Good job getting it all together.