Banshee jetting

lewie212

I just assembled my Banshee. I have .050 over Vito's power pistons, Toomy t-5 exhaust, v-force 3 reed valves, Decked stock head, the intakes have been ported, i am also running a cooler plug and the tors have been removed from the stock carbs. My question is What Main jet should I start with to begin tuning? The kit comes with 290-340 Main jets. Thanks for reading.

Also running no air box with Uni air filters.

I just assembled my Banshee. I have .050 over Vito's power pistons, Toomy t-5 exhaust, v-force 3 reed valves, Decked stock head, the intakes have been ported, i am also running a cooler plug and the tors have been removed from the stock carbs. My question is What Main jet should I start with to begin tuning? The kit comes with 290-340 Main jets. Thanks for reading.

elevation is 620-730(Lake County Indiana). No air box at all. two Uni air filters clamped strait to the Carbs. No idea who porter the cylinders. Got everything from a friend in pieces....:/

elevation? temp? airbox? lid on or off? pods? air filter type? who ported your cylinders? this will get you a better answer

Edited by lewie212

temp varies an awful lot around here. It was 50 today and that was cold for the time of year. It will probable be between the 60--80s most of my riding. but in the heart of summer it breaks 90 sometimes...

elevation is 620-730(Lake County Indiana). No air box at all. two Uni air filters clamped strait to the Carbs. No idea who porter the cylinders. Got everything from a friend in pieces....:/

just the intakes are ported?

i would start with a 320 and go from there, usually you want to start rich and work your way down till your plug chops look right.

you dont need colder plugs either.

you might also go to a 27.5 pilot

Should of said that the Jugs are ported? They are ported on both sides. I'm a total banshee newbie. Im actually a car mechanic.

Will running a colder plug (9) have an adverse effect? Also what would be required to need a colder plug? I did change out the pilot to the one that came with my kit. It only came with one pilot though.

Iv been reading some other posts and people are running main jets in the 160-190 range. Is that because they have different carburetors?

Thanks for your advice.

-Dan

just the intakes are ported?

i would start with a 320 and go from there, usually you want to start rich and work your way down till your plug chops look right.

you dont need colder plugs either.

you might also go to a 27.5 pilot

Edited by lewie212