amsoil 80 to 1 ''saber premix ''

shakar

i searched but not alot come up .there web site states it more of a weedy wacker/saw oil .so im curious ...... who has ran or runs saber 80 to 1 ? what your opinions /facts. how your topend hold up after long term use?? any problems? thanks once again

i searched but not alot come up .there web site states it more of a weedy wacker/saw oil .so im curious ...... who has ran or runs saber 80 to 1 ? what your opinions /facts. how your topend hold up after long term use?? any problems? thanks once again

There used to be some guys who ran that 100:1 stuff. They used to mix it at 80:1 and didnt seem to have any problems. Ive never had the nerve to try it my self though. One minor concern I would have would be in the event that I ran out on a trip or something. It would be hard to find it and any other premix would have to be 32:1 or something close. This would throw you jetting off a little. I think there are enough good proven premixes out there and dont see the need to try it. IMO.

I used to run the amsoil in the 40:1 version. I haven't run the Saber 100:1 stuff, but a friend did on his Honda 250R. Two top ends later he decided that he wasn't a big fan. :cry:

I'd stick with your basic 40:1 type synthetics. I run Torco GP7 and have been very happy with it for 7+ years.

I didn't realize just how dirty the Amsoil burned till we did a dyno session with my wife's bike. I did some runs and got low on fuel. One of my other friends was running the Amsoil mixed at 40:1 with the same 110 fuel. So we toped off her tank with his fuel. The next pass we had a noticeable amount of smoke coming out of the pipes and were wondering why it had increased so much. Till we realized it was the oil. Now he's running the GP7 and fouling a lot less plugs per season.

I wouldn't chase the thinner oil mixtures. There have been numerous posts about how you can actually make MORE power with more oil.

I'd say that running a good 40:1 oil is the way to go. Any good brand of synthetic will do. (unless you run alky...that's a whole different need.)

Some will burn cleaner than others, but I think they will ALL do a very good job of protecting the motor.

I switched to the Amsoil Dominator years ago and love the stuff. Amsoil says to mix it at 50:1 so that's what I run it at, burns clean and I've never fouled a plug with the stuff. Also hardly leaves any carbon deposits in your motor. headbang.gif

I have the saber for my weed eater and chain saws, I mix it a little heavier than 100:1 but not much. Definitely makes a difference, easier to start and no smoke or fouled plugs.

• 7 months later...

Where are you guys getting your Amsoil??? I used to be a dealer years ago but have had both of my Banshees sitting for 10 years or so and want to get back to ripping it up this winter. I've used 100:1 sabre in my banshee with not jetting changes and run WIDE OPEN for hours in subzero temps with not a single issue. In fact My nephew dug out my 99 today with 8 year old gas in it... smelled stale once I got it started but started and RIIIIIPPED til I ran out.

Anyway... looking for some more Sabre 100:1 in Illinois if possible.

Amsoil Saber has a flash point of 237 deg F. I bet the cylinder wall temp gets pretty close to that so your oil is buringin off instead of lubercating. Klotz R50 has a flash point of 550 Deg F wich is why you get a liquid oil out of the pipes but at least it is staying a liquid and lubercating.