Tors Removal Tips

Tdaz250

So i just wanted to post this for people in the future who do the tors removal. I just did t5 pipes and tors removal on my banshee and the instructions were not very clear for the removal kit even after watching a video on youtube.

First thing i would do if i were to do it again is remove the wire from your throttle/brake box...second is remove the brain(behind/under the gas tank).

We probably spent an extra 2 hours trying to figure out wtf to do because it wouldnt idle...because the bike kept killing it...finally we took the top of the throttle case off and went hmmm lets cut this.

Found out it idle then it wouldnt start...went hmmm....pulled the gas tank back off and followed the wire to the brain...ripped that out and it ran like a dream/how it should.

I didnt really say anywhere in the instructions it came with as to what wires to remove/cut. However i will say i didnt read a how to install on here...i just went right to youtube and thought "well this pretty much explains it". Found out to remove the brain by searching later on...

Haha, pretty standard. That "brain" goes bad on more bikes than you could imagine. Even if you still run TORS, I would recommend unplugging that thing anyways.

Also, don't forget about the wire that goes to your parking brake on your handlebars. There's a sensor in that bad boy too, but if the brain is unplugged it won't matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, pretty standard. That "brain" goes bad on more bikes than you could imagine. Even if you still run TORS, I would recommend unplugging that thing anyways.

Also, don't forget about the wire that goes to your parking brake on your handlebars. There's a sensor in that bad boy too, but if the brain is unplugged it won't matter.

Just out of curiousity what was the reason for TORS system and what does TORS stand for?

• 1 year later...