t5 has no core or packing. wtf

Hey hq, now I just bought a nice clean set of t5 from chambers to canisters. I was in the process of cleaning em up and replacing o-rings. When I took apart the canister to check on the packing I noticed they had no core or packing. I'm sure its stupid loud if ran like that. Would I have to add a new core and packing or does anyone run it like that?? Thanks.

You need to add core and packing to make them sound perfect and not loud/crappy. Packing should be cheap and I think the cores are $15 from toomey.

That's exactly right. 15 a piece directly from them and I went to a local shop and got 2 bags of FMF packing for 20. Sounds awesome.

That's exactly right. 15 a piece directly from them and I went to a local shop and got 2 bags of FMF packing for 20. Sounds awesome.

I will place a order from toomey for the cores. They did feel lighter than expected. Lol. I guess the extra fmf packing will come in handy. Thanks guys!!