Chain?

rjdgriff

So just put +6 swingarm on my shee and got a new chain.

When I put the chain on I had to take off 2 links, and that's all I could remove and still put it together. (this was done with my carrier as far forward as it would go)

I tightened the chain untill I was out of room for adjustment and it's still to loose.

Since I can't take out another link, what is my next step?

A roundhouse style carrier has .680" of adjustment. Chain pitch is .625". 1 link top and bottom makes your 2 links that you have to change to get the master link in. So, no problem. A stock style carrier has .520" of adjustment. Remember that .625" chain pitch? Now that's a crap design. Use a die grinder to lengthen the slot by 3/8" to give you an additional .187" of adjustment for a total adjustment of .707".

A roundhouse style carrier has .680" of adjustment. Chain pitch is .625". 1 link top and bottom makes your 2 links that you have to change to get the master link in. So, no problem. A stock style carrier has .520" of adjustment. Remember that .625" chain pitch? Now that's a crap design. Use a die grinder to lengthen the slot by 3/8" to give you an additional .187" of adjustment for a total adjustment of .707".

Want to explain exactly what that means??

I see what your saying. Shame I don't know anyone with a die grinder lol.

As far as a half link goes, iv never had to use one, does it work like a master link? And can it attach to a master link?

i havent seen half links for many years. Need to grind/slot the chain adj. slots for more throw...

i had same problem ride it around a bit sometimes chain will stretch enough to remove another link

If you buy a quality chain you shouldn't get much stretch if any. I've purchased two chains now from Jeff at F.A.S.T.. the only reason why i bought a second is because i extended my swinger also. But i ran the shit out of my first chain w/stock swinger never had to readjust it.

I ran into a similar problem when installing my +4 swing arm. I was convinced i cut it too short & thought i was going to have to run two master links. Sure enough when i installed both master links and tried to adjust the chain i wasn't even close! I just so happened to cut it the right length the first time. Roundhouse carriers can be tricky for first timers..

I'm sure this didn't help you at all. Just dropping in my .02

Are you dealing with a stock carrier or a roundhouse carrier?