Banshee Vs 450R

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Chi Chi performance is still around? It was a smaller shop and I don't know how well they knew banshees. While I wouldn't go as far as saying it was a bad port job (because I'm sure it isn't) I think (this is only opinion) that today's new technology and experienced porters whos main market is banshees would be able to squeeze more usable power out of the same setup.

Yes it does say Chichis- so i did some research (google) and it relates to chichis performance from Miami florida- so the limited information from of the seller is adding up- he told me the bike was originally setup for beach drag racing in florida.... although it still leaves me with the question what the hell was done to it- is it possible that they keep track of mods done to engines? If i call them is this information likely to be kept?

Yes it does say Chichis- so i did some research (google) and it relates to chichis performance from Miami florida- so the limited information from of the seller is adding up- he told me the bike was originally setup for beach drag racing in florida.... although it still leaves me with the question what the hell was done to it- is it possible that they keep track of mods done to engines? If i call them is this information likely to be kept?

If you want to know what you have, you can yank the head off and measure the bore with veneers and measure the stroke of the crank. Than you can pull your reeds out to take a look at the intake and see if any porting was done. Your exhaust ports could have been raised. You could have sleeves in the cylinders. Wont know unless you look. If your not real mechaniclly inclined, fuckin leave it alone and beat the shit out it! good luck.