new motor , new jetting?

Just had my motor rebuilt recently. Has T5's, bored .20 and had an aggressive dune type port done. Stock carbs (with tors) with 270 mains, needle one down from the top notch, and i believe stock pilots.. I am in Mid michigan about 500 ft above sea level.

Was jetted perfect before the rebuild and now....

Starts first or second kick, idles decent, but has a Very LOW rev and backfires and sputters, no power. Compression is good, and no air leaks.....

wondering if it would change my jetting that much or maybe a tors or other issue?

Yea the other banshee has gotten all the attention. No parking brake and I unplugged tors, and i have some 340 and 310 mains i am gunna try. just thought the rebuild wouldnt affect it that much....

It previously had a 2 into one with outerwear. But i also have 2 k&n clamp ons i could run on it without outers.

I would start at 320 and work your way down..

What air filter are you running

No i DID NOT have any port work prior to the rebuild.. IRONDOG did the porting im sure not alot of people heard of him. BUT i just put in some 310 mains that i had, and it definitly has the power now. Still dogging on 3/4 to full throttle in 3rd gear on up...

when i got my 4 mil and duneport done by hjr i had to change my flywheel/stator pickup gap to .018 and plugs to .022. and with the lid on the air box and 330 mains in stock carbs there was no hesitation or rev limiter type of effect at the top of the powerband at wot. you may have to do the same but i would try jetting first like stated above. you should get an adjustable timing plate and put it at +4 , shift star also if not done already. what kind of air filter are you running? stock air box with lid on or off?

Edited by bluebanshee98

when i got my 4 mil and duneport done by hjr i had to change my flywheel/stator pickup gap to .018 and plugs to .022. and with the lid on the air box and 330 mains in stock carbs there was no hesitation or rev limiter type of effect at the top of the powerband at wot. you may have to do the same but i would try jetting first like stated above. you should get an adjustable timing plate and put it at +4 , shift star also if not done already. what kind of air filter are you running? stock air box with lid on or off?

was running a 2 into 1 with outerwear. But it NEVER stayed on so i have my k&n clamp on's with NO outerwears off my other bike on it right now.