Fuel Pump

bansheeryder_69

Currently I am running a fuel pump on my 10mil 520 super cub. I am running 41mm carbs and a dual pingel. I have heard a fuel pump is necessary on a bike running off of alcohol, and I have heard I just need bigger billet bowls. I can't find a whole lot of info via the search and was wondering what everyone here runs on their drag bikes. Would you guys recommend ditching the fuel pump and getting billet bowls, or keep the fuel pump? Thanks in advance.

Currently I am running a fuel pump on my 10mil 520 super cub. I am running 41mm carbs and a dual pingel. I have heard a fuel pump is necessary on a bike running off of alcohol, and I have heard I just need bigger billet bowls. I can't find a whole lot of info via the search and was wondering what everyone here runs on their drag bikes. Would you guys recommend ditching the fuel pump and getting billet bowls, or keep the fuel pump? Thanks in advance.

I recommend a pump on anything over 500cc on alky. Wouldn't hurt to do a pump and billet bowls IMO.

X2. I have a 421 cub being built and i will feed it meth with 40mm lectrons with billet bowls. I was told a fuel pump wasn't a necessity but wouldn't hurt. My thing is trying to find a 2 in 2 out pump because of my dual pingle. Not jacking your thread man, just was kinda on the same page.

I run gravity feed with billet bowls, but I also modify the fuel supply passages and mod the needle valve itself to allow more flow into the bowls. I would say it depends on how long you are running. If you are only going up thunder at St. Anthony then you would be fine with gravity and good bit billet bowls. Longer than that, I would go ahead and run the pump.

You guys can sell your dual feed pingle and get a pingle guzzler single.

I dont mind the pump. Makes it easy to purge. I have one side of my pingle blocked off and run one side to my pump. Think about it ultimately you have one line going into the pump. In my opinion the T slows fuel flow more than the one side of the pingle does.

Im going to be running a fuel pump on my 421 cub with 39 mm carbs. I have a dual pingle also and I plan on putting a T fitting for both lines coming off pingle and going into a single for the pump. pingles are way to expensive to just get rid of for a single outlet. my .02

I thought about that too but was worried bout how much the split would slow fuel flow. I would just like to find a 2 in 2 out fuel pump, if its possible. But if all the other guys are running a single in dual out then I guess it'll work fine. I just would like to utilize my dual pingle.