New Guy Here

Ned27

I've been here off/on for a while..

Just took the ol' Banshee out for a stroll last weekend....now I'm in love again.

I bought mine new in '91 . Before the Banshee had a '85 Tri-z. I rode that until the "J-arm" went away.

Then I had to convert.

I plan on freshening up stuff and would love to maybe do more suspension work. I mostly ride hard desert and occasional Glamis. I used to race the thing and the bottom of it shows. The poor thing is beat to hell , but I don't care....

The Banshee is fast out of the box..so I still will leave it stock and probably focus more on suspension. (a-arms and maybe swingarm )

I owned a '06 YFZ450 for about 5 years. My wife bought it for me on my b-day. I upgrade that ,it was fast as hell, but it some how wasn't as comfortable as the 'shee. I could jump the 450 farther ,it could take woops faster,(it seemed) and it handled great. At the end of the day it felt great all around ,but I sold it....I somehow still prefer the moan of the duals lugging through the desert over all that great stuff the 450 has to offer.

I know the 450 has more to offer, but I'm sticking with the Banshee. I want to make it even better for the desert.

We have an old desert car (VW based). Now I can take my wife and daughter through the desert with me on adventures , but there are times I want to haul ass by myself and maybe even get back to racing GPs and desert stuff.

I'm getting older , but me and 'shee get better with age. :headbang:

The pic is from early '90s at Ocotillo Wells

Ned

post-42715-0-47813100-1331951830_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ned27