no spark help please

heres the story i took a little cruise on the banshee a couple days ago i live a mile and a half out of town so i rode into town did a couple laps and headed home got 3/4 of the way home and shee just started running like shit just like it would if the gas had some water in it and i have the airbox eliminated running dual filters right off the carbs so i figured that was the problem i got almost in the driveway and it stalled it started right back up so i parked it and left it in garage today i poured some sea foam in it and let it sit it started first kick then died on me right away i checked the spark and there wasnt any i took the gas tank shroud and radiator shroud off and checked the wiring on my tether one of the crimps was loose so i re did both of them and wrapped them up in black tape good now it has very little spark and it doesnt spark every time i kick it but when it does theres barely any...im thinking cdi box?

Check that all grounds are bare metal including where coil bolts to frame. Same with all wire connections, even use Dremel to clean female connectors. Add dab of dielectric grease to all connections, where coil mounts. Pull stator cover check picup coil gap. Make sure nubs on flywheel are clean. If that fails, pull flywheel and clean poles on stator. Check the ohms on stator, look for bare wires.

Not that I've experienced it but generally speaking cdi either works or not. :cheers:

http://bansheehq.com...howtopic=133650 you need to read this and follow.... helped me out a bunch

going through an electrical issue myself at the moment and believe it to be the CDI causing my issue... but if you just lost spark check the coil..... as posted numerous times on this site, they rarely go bad, but the plug boots go often as they did on mine..... you need to check everything with a multi-meter and rule things out before calling it a CDI issue because the CDI by itself can't be checked apparently..... gives you step by step instructions

what I just went through, found plug boots shot, but all other resistance and continuity checks were within spec which lead me to believe my CDI (process of elimination) is bad.... we'll see

no expert, hope this helps..... learned this stuff by reading hundreds of posts on this site and the Clymer's manual.... I got a digital multi-meter (DMM) from Sears and it works great (if you need one)

Edited by 11AGUY

http://bansheehq.com...howtopic=133650 you need to read this and follow.... helped me out a bunch

going through an electrical issue myself at the moment and believe it to be the CDI causing my issue... but if you just lost spark check the coil..... as posted numerous times on this site, they rarely go bad, but the plug boots go often as they did on mine..... you need to check everything with a multi-meter and rule things out before calling it a CDI issue because the CDI by itself can't be checked apparently..... gives you step by step instructions

what I just went through, found plug boots shot, but all other resistance and continuity checks were within spec which lead me to believe my CDI (process of elimination) is bad.... we'll see

no expert, hope this helps..... learned this stuff by reading hundreds of posts on this site and the Clymer's manual.... I got a digital multi-meter (DMM) from Sears and it works great (if you need one)

thanks ill have to take the time after school and go through it all i read on here someone had the same issue and they unplugged a ground and left it hang and then they had alot of spark

thanks ill have to take the time after school and go through it all i read on here someone had the same issue and they unplugged a ground and left it hang and then they had alot of spark

I've had quite a few electrical issues myself and most of the time i find the problem by taking off the stator cover and Checking things out. U could of sheared a key with your flywheel.