Can i trail ride with CPI drag pipes?

Hey all I am wondering if my jetting is correct if i can trail/sand pit ride with either sgearers or CPI drag pipes. I like the look of them

You COULD its not really reccomended your going to have to keep the RPM's up throughout trails to really see any power. There are many other good looking pipes out there more designed for trails like paul turners Toomey's FMF's PC's. I would look at every possible solution before i tried riding trails with drag pipes. Any of the pipes you listed dont have much power at the bottom end and are all top end pipes.

You COULD its not really reccomended your going to have to keep the RPM's up throughout trails to really see any power. There are many other good looking pipes out there more designed for trails like paul turners Toomey's FMF's PC's. I would look at every possible solution before i tried riding trails with drag pipes. Any of the pipes you listed dont have much power at the bottom end and are all top end pipes.

the bike im purchasing has fmfs on it, but if i'd have to beat the piss out of it il just run the fmfs, i like the look of drag pipes is all Edited by blackshee03

As long as they are nice open trails there is no reason you can not do it but if the trails get tight you will end up knocking your pipes off.

the bike im purchasing has fmfs on it, but if i'd have to beat the piss out of it il just run the fmfs, i like the look of drag pipes is all

out of the (2) exhausts you mentioned, I'd go with the cpis. the shearers come on a little later in the powerband.

what kind of fmfs does this bike have on it? I had a set of fattys on one of my banshees, switched out to cpis and I liked the way it performed.

same thing with t-5s. the cpis felt a bit more torqy to me. and i am assuming we are talking inframes here.

Edited by Hilarious

• 2 weeks later...