please direct me, first banshee

alright, im new to two strokes. actually been out of the atv world for a while. Got the itch to get back on the trails, so i found a man selling a 03 shee asking 2500(paid 2300). Saw the bike and instantly loved it.

it was tastefully put together from what i can see

wiseco 65.25 mill

fmf sst exhaust

fmf pipes not sure what kind, that are red, any idea?

kN in stock air box

tors edit

vforce 2 reeds

new clutch

nkg plugs idk if they are the best...

but the bike has orginal plastics and they are FLAWLESS and the seat just as nice.

heres my thing, now it runs like a top starts first or 2nd kick everytime. but these guys i run with are all on yfz 450s and they moded. and i can hang with em for the most part but they are still faster and it pisses me off. now ive seen where every talk as the shee is the king of drag but why are the 450s out running me? what do i need to smoke em? my buddy told me to just get yfz and ive already got an offer on the shee for more than i paid. should i keep the shee and build it? and if so, what would be the best route to go? and no, im not made of MONEY. so try to economical. or should i sell and get a yfz?

I think you should learn how to run that banshee, 450s never touched my 03' all i had were toomey t5s, spot on jetting, air filter and alot of riding skill. oh yeah a fresh rebuild done by me too, freshened it up when i had bought it. if your in sand dump the clutch in 2nd, first spins too much, just rev it a little an when its time to go dump that fucker

I think you should learn how to run that banshee, 450s never touched my 03' all i had were toomey t5s, spot on jetting, air filter and alot of riding skill. oh yeah a fresh rebuild done by me too, freshened it up when i had bought it. if your in sand dump the clutch in 2nd, first spins too much, just rev it a little an when its time to go dump that fucker

i aint the best rider in the world but i know how get down for sure, i mean i hope on my buds 450 and him on my shee and its the bike the 450s are faster straight up, and when i say they are modded i mean my bud has has around 7 to 10k in his.

what do i need, im not far off from him but i dont see me getting any more thro my jetting tho it could need it. cause when i just try rolling out in 1st and nail it, it bogs and then screams like a bat out hell

alright, im new to two strokes. actually been out of the atv world for a while. Got the itch to get back on the trails, so i found a man selling a 03 shee asking 2500(paid 2300). Saw the bike and instantly loved it.

it was tastefully put together from what i can see

wiseco 65.25 mill

fmf sst exhaust

fmf pipes not sure what kind, that are red, any idea?

kN in stock air box

tors edit

vforce 2 reeds

new clutch

nkg plugs idk if they are the best...

but the bike has orginal plastics and they are FLAWLESS and the seat just as nice.

heres my thing, now it runs like a top starts first or 2nd kick everytime. but these guys i run with are all on yfz 450s and they moded. and i can hang with em for the most part but they are still faster and it pisses me off. now ive seen where every talk as the shee is the king of drag but why are the 450s out running me? what do i need to smoke em? my buddy told me to just get yfz and ive already got an offer on the shee for more than i paid. should i keep the shee and build it? and if so, what would be the best route to go? and no, im not made of MONEY. so try to economical. or should i sell and get a yfz?

It is a very common misconception that 450's are slow and automaticaly should lose to banshees.Not to knock banshees whatsoever

Edited by Burt Reynolds

450's are not something to under estimate. BUT here is the kicker......you will be able to spend WAY WAY WAY less than your buddies have on mods and be able to get your bike to absolutely fly compared to theirs. And then theres the rebuild factor. you can rebuild an average banshee for around $300 which is the pistons, bore and hone, new gaskets. Let your friends try and do a rebuild for $300.

Do you ride muddy trails or come in contact with alot of water? if you do NOT....id get some pod style filters, advance your timing to +4, and sync the carbs and make sure the setup is dialed in right. This will give you just barely a little more while still being conservative with the cost.

If you want to get more bang for your buck and really make your friends scratch their heads.....you could either go with a port job from one of our great sponsors on here (i use jeff at FAST but i hear that kevin at HJR and the others are just as good) and you will really be amazed at the quality of work and the amount of power these guys can squeeze out of stock cylinders.

Also you could upgrade your front suspension to a +2+1 front end and get better shocks......while the banshee is a great machine....they lack in the suspension and geometry department. If you upgrade that suspension you wiill be able to go alot faster over the bumps....remember...just cause you have the power doesn't mean you can get over the bumps quickest....

Greetings,

The 450's are beasts. They have so much torque it's crazy. You need to port your engine as suggested, add an adjustable timing plate and a NOSS or Chariot Cool Head (these types you don't have to change the head studs). The get the appropriate domes for elevation and fuel.

As suggested call Jeff at FAST or Brandon at Wildcard. Both do awesome work at Great prices and will help you out with all your needs.

For the money you put into a banshee you will get 10x the return on anything for a 450. For 2 grand they will never touch you with a 4mil serval with dune porting. If you are looking for more dragging then the 4mil cub is the way to go. Both of these engines are 80ish hp on gas.

Good luck.

Adam

Greetings,

The 450's are beasts. They have so much torque it's crazy. You need to port your engine as suggested, add an adjustable timing plate and a NOSS or Chariot Cool Head (these types you don't have to change the head studs). The get the appropriate domes for elevation and fuel.

As suggested call Jeff at FAST or Brandon at Wildcard. Both do awesome work at Great prices and will help you out with all your needs.

For the money you put into a banshee you will get 10x the return on anything for a 450. For 2 grand they will never touch you with a 4mil serval with dune porting. If you are looking for more dragging then the 4mil cub is the way to go. Both of these engines are 80ish hp on gas.

Good luck.

Adam

what im intrested is in building something that is a great drag bike but is still a very capable trail bike. i live in very VA so not much for dunes and sand here, lots of clay and hard pack. the videos of 4mills ive seen look nasty, but a bit much a the same time. as is my bike still picks the front end up every time i launch.

so what im basically wanting is a parts list of thing to look into. i was thinking porting would serve me best but i dont want it too crazy, and what else needs attention if i get port work?

thanks.

Never rode or raced against a 450 with 7-10 g's but I have raced against an 09 ltr450 that had powercommander,dasa pipe,and a few other things and whooped on him with my mods and they aren't much I think 450's are slow lol yeah nice power all in out but nothing proves me then how that band pulls on my shee once that hits and I go through them gears I just lose all my buddies there is only like 3 banshee's where I live so far mines the fastest and the nicest thanks to the guys here on this site :cheers: my one buddy has v3 reeds/same pipes and he's like why is yours faster lol I love my 2 strokes.

You won't have to replace your V2 reeds. Those are a great reed system and you won't gain much of anything by spending that money on V3.

Where is Very Va? I live in Va Beach with 3 other BHQ members.

Adam

lol typo

i live in mechanicsville Va right outside richmond.

do u ever go to slades or busco?