Bad Luck again fresh topend destroyed in 3 months

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

found the problem to all this madness....incorrect float height on the right carb causing the carb to run float bowl dry at WOT.... :cheers:

wow that sucks.!!! but atleast you found it good luck on the cub

found the problem to all this madness....incorrect float height on the right carb causing the carb to run float bowl dry at WOT.... :cheers:

No way man. Your talking about cooking two engines because of float height? You run pinned for long periods of time?

No way man. Your talking about cooking two engines because of float height? You run pinned for long periods of time?

yes I cooked two engines because of float height & the 1 psi. loss in 6mins. That was acceptable & still a small air leak... :shrugani: Yes I run my shee WOT throttle until it's almost maxed out then I back off to 3/4 throttle. I ride back roads, alot of long straights & wide open fields cause I live in the country. I sat down & thought about everything i did & didnt do. Then it clicked that last year when I was at busco my right carb was leaking fuel from the over flow drain tube. So I adjusted the right float by eye so it would stop leaking. I pushed the float tab up to much & it restricted the carb from getting the proper amount of fuel. So as long as i ride around about half throttle it would be fine, but at WOT & hard accleration the engine would run the right carb dry. Reason is because the float level was incorrect & not allowing the right float bowl to full properly. ANOTHER LESSON LEARNED :notworthy: