YFZ suspension upgrade

CruelSoul

How hard is this upgrade is there a write up in here of everything step by step what years yfz will work on my 01 shee, need lots of info I have access to a nice 06 bill balance edition front end and would love to have this upgrade.

Edited by CruelSoul

How hard is this upgrade is there a write up in here of everything step by step what years yfz will work on my 01 shee, need lots of info I have access to a nice 06 bill balance edition front end and would love to have this upgrade.

From what I have read people are having balljoint issues with this swap and you will probably be better off saving the extra few $ for a real banshee setup.

• 1 month later...

My brother did it with spindles and we think it works well. He loves it. We cycled the suspenision there was no bind or extream angle. But it is just a dune trail bike if it was mx all ways jumping I would do real good stuff but for the sand cheap upgrade.

I did the yfz swap and hated it. Do yourself a favor and save up for some +2 arms and some shocks made for the banshee. One thing you can use off of the 450 is the calipers and master cylinder. I did end up keeping those and they worked good. Other than that, don't even bother with the 450 shit.

Beleive it or not, I manually scrolled thru the whole suspension forum (because the search function sucks) for YFZ and J to A coversions. Probably half feel as BBC does, and another 25% won't admit it. I think I know why too. It's because the relation of the pivot points aren't correct for the arms. You have to do more than cut one side and add a spacer to the other.

You'd have to do it like this : http://www.blasterforum.com/suspension-14/guide-fitting-yfz-450-complete-front-suspension-blaster-36120/ :cheers:

Beleive it or not, I manually scrolled thru the whole suspension forum (because the search function sucks) for YFZ and J to A coversions. Probably half feel as BBC does, and another 25% won't admit it. I think I know why too. It's because the relation of the pivot points aren't correct for the arms. You have to do more than cut one side and add a spacer to the other.

You'd have to do it like this : http://www.blasterforum.com/suspension-14/guide-fitting-yfz-450-complete-front-suspension-blaster-36120/ :cheers:

Dude, larry... WTF is that abortion? Looks scary as hell...