getting spark and fuel wont start?

millsgerry98

I have a 98 banshee, last fall i put wheeler away for the winter it ran fine. well i put the tors removal kit on the carbs, and added the tommey T5 pipes kit. I have done all the mods for the toomey kit air box, carb jetting. well went to start the wheeler and no luck. I am getting spark from the plugs tested with light tester, getting fuel cuz had one of the floats stick and poured gas on the floor from the over flows. have taken care of that issue pulled pipes and dumped gas from the pipes. since then let set over nite to evap the gas in motor. put new plugs in and kicked my ass off. no luck pulled plugs and they r wet, HELP WHAT COULD BE THE ISSUE? THANKS

If your pipe was full of fuel so is the motor. Take the plugs out and set them on the bench (DO NOT LEAVE THEM IN THE PLUG CAPS) put your finger over one of the plug holes sealing it off, and kick the bike over. Id bet that it spews fuel out. If it does you will need to turn the bike upside down and get all the fuel out. BE CAREFUL.

If your pipe was full of fuel so is the motor. Take the plugs out and set them on the bench (DO NOT LEAVE THEM IN THE PLUG CAPS) put your finger over one of the plug holes sealing it off, and kick the bike over. Id bet that it spews fuel out. If it does you will need to turn the bike upside down and get all the fuel out. BE CAREFUL.

Thanks for the info, since the post have talked without a couple ppl who know there way around.d a Banshee. I have heard similar things with th bottom end being loaded with fuel also and that is causing for the plugs to stay wet and not allow it to start. I just recently put the t5 s on my wheeler and did the carb jets for the kit and that seems to be the issue. Never had this issue before. Now when flipping the bike is it gonna cause any issue with the antifreeze or the gear oil in bottom end getting where they don't belong? Is it safe to flip the bike or will it just cause more of an issue? Thanks again for the information since I am new to the forum be patient while I figure this out.

drain oil out of bottom, plug off the radiator overflow hose, pull carbs and reeds out and sparkplugs, then flip over and move kickstarter to help get fuel out of bottom of cases. Use an airhose to help blow air into bottom end to dry out the excess fuel that is left inside. Flip back over and reinstall and fill cases back tranny fluid

drain oil out of bottom, plug off the radiator overflow hose, pull carbs and reeds out and sparkplugs, then flip over and move kickstarter to help get fuel out of bottom of cases. Use an airhose to help blow air into bottom end to dry out the excess fuel that is left inside. Flip back over and reinstall and fill cases back tranny fluid

Well after draining oil pulling carb and reeds I flipped the wheeler. Not surprised some fuel did come from the motor. Flipped back over kept kicking over until my finger over the plug hole no longer was wet with fuel. Put garbs back to stock settings and re installed stock pipes to just try and get the wheeler to run. Still no luck. Getting fuel plugs r damp but dead not a pop. Pulled pipes once more and no gas in pipes so that is a plus. But am getting stumped. One question can the wheeler be getting.g spark but just not enough to ignite the fuel?