stock plastics

BadLarry08

Would the dealerships still sell stock plastics? Is there somewhere that would be cheaper to buy them? In finishing up a build and was going to go with fullbores, but I just like the squared off boxy look better. Its what makes the banshees look imo, so ugly its hot! Anyway where can I get new stock plastics? Thanks guys

Yamaha Dealership,

I just got all new plastics for my Banshee. I got the fenders in 3 weeks and the no other yamaha dealerships in the US had a white radiator cover so that had to come from Japan and that took 5 weeks.

Poolman, can you give me an idea of what these cost through the dealer? If you don't mind...

Yes, This is the total that I paid for 3 of the 5 pieces of plastics. The only 2 pieces I did not get because I do not need it because of my Clark oversize tank was what Yamaha calls the Cover Side 1 and Cover Side 2. Here is a breakdown of what I paid and what your typical walk in Yamaha dealership is going to charge you.

5 pieces of Plastic

Item Description Dealership Cost What I paid All Parts if I wanted them all

Cover side 1 $ 27.54 $ Didn't get $ 19.28

Cover side 2 $ 27.54 $ Didn't get $ 19.28

Front Fender $ 251.67 $ 176.17 $ 176.17

Rear Fender $ 283.20 $ 194.24 $ 194.24

Panel Front (Radiator) $ 181.81 $ 127.27 $ 127.27

Totals (Before Tax) $ 771.76 $ 497.68 $ 536.24

Grand Total 5% TAX $810.35 $ 522.56 $ 563.05

NOTES:

I bought all white plastics except for the Radiator cover which was silver. There is up to a $100.00

price differential being more than what I paid depending on what colors you desire. Any more questions

Fire Away.

Oh, Almost forgot There is ZERO shipping charges because it's all Yamaha. So the total I showed you are

what you and in my case Me Paid.

Hope this covers it. I'm in the middle of Rebuilding my Carburetors which I have not done since I got it used

4 years ago. Man they are filthy inside.

Another NOTE:

Disassemble and Clean your Carbs real good once in awhile.

Damn This got all mumble jumbled. You can figure out what I'm saying though. I didn't know this would happen but I guess it's not a spreadsheet like Microsoft Word.

Once Again 5 pieces of plastic make up the Banshee.

For the three pieces I got cost me a Total After Tax of $522.56

If I wanted them all would have cost me After Tax $563.05

Typical Dealer will charge you after Tax $810.35

Edited by Poolman

Wow, thanks for the detailed response! I don't know if I'm into this thing for $800 dollars in plastic though. I'll hit up a dealership in NH and get a quote, so I can save on tax, but might just end up going Maier. The only thing with them is the fitment issues, seems to be hit our miss. We'll see, thanks again!

Wow, thanks for the detailed response! I don't know if I'm into this thing for $800 dollars in plastic though. I'll hit up a dealership in NH and get a quote, so I can save on tax, but might just end up going Maier. The only thing with them is the fitment issues, seems to be hit our miss. We'll see, thanks again!

Larry,

You would pay $563.05 for all white plastics. I forgot to say though that the radiator cover I got was silver.

You go to this website below for the pricing, add everything to the cart that you want. Then print out your cart contents. Take the printout to your local Yamaha dealer and they will pricematch your list. You pay the lower costs, everything get's shipped to your local dealer for free. They call you and you go pick it up. I do this for all my Banshee parts too.

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/ In this website go to oem parts and look at the plastics. 30% off retail. Add everything

to the cart and take to your local dealer and they will pricematch.