Need Jetting Advice

Hellacious

Just got a new (to me) banshee and just took apart the carbs to clean them and check things out and I saw that it had 200 mains. I was wondering if thats the correct jetting for my setup. I have fmf fattys with powercore II's, v-force reeds, no airbox with K&N pods, Nology coil & wires, and has been bored .65 over. Also would you have a reccomendation for the pilot jet size I need? I'm not sure what pilots are in it because I'm in the middle of moving and couldnt locate a damn flathead small enough to fit in there. Oh, my elevation is 157ft above sea level and I typically ride in 60-90 degree weather.

I have another issue also, yesterday I went to start it up and was firing on one cylinder and I found I had a fouled plug. Went and got some NGK BR8ES plugs for it and I noticed the threaded part of the NGK's are a bit longer than what was in it, which were Accel 5766 plugs. Will the NGK's be ok?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

200 mains should be extremely lean based on what you told us. You should have at least a 290 with FMFs. My wife's bike with Fattys, a Toomey 2:1 air filter with a K&N element is running a 300 main and a 27.5 pilot and it does not have an air leak. With the mods you have, you might need a bigger main, but the pilot should be the same. BR8ES plugs are the correct spark plug for any Banshee running on gasoline without nitrous.

200 mains should be extremely lean based on what you told us. You should have at least a 290 with FMFs. My wife's bike with Fattys, a Toomey 2:1 air filter with a K&N element is running a 300 main and a 27.5 pilot and it does not have an air leak. With the mods you have, you might need a bigger main, but the pilot should be the same. BR8ES plugs are the correct spark plug for any Banshee running on gasoline without nitrous.

Thnx for the reply man, I'm ordering a 300 as we speak.

im in the same situation, the guy i got my bike off of had 200 mains and 25 pilot and it was still getting a rich reading and running weird. turns out the idiot had the carbs slides in backwards and the choke tube wasnt on. im probably going to run a 310 and 27.5pilot, i think you should be right around there also

• 2 weeks later...

let me know your results, when I get my jets, I'll post on how it does. I did put those plugs in earlier and try them...WOW!, after putting everything back together and properly syncing the carbs it started on the first kick and idled like a champ.

I got mine all back together and the 310 mains seem to small. it pulls great until you start getting into the top end, the rpm's just stop building and it doesn't pull hard at all plus the plugs arnt getting much color and if anything are grey. I ordered 330's - 350's so ill let you know how that works out. how did yours turn out?

Im got the 310s in and the 27.5s came in today. I cant say as to how it does yet, havent got the chance to try it....I'll probably be in the same boat as you though, lean. I think the 27.5 pilots will be spot on though. I'll let you know when I get around to testing it out.