new member, first Banshee

tuck1371

Just picked up my first Banshee yesterday. Had an AR-15 I wasn't too attached to so I traded it and $1100 and got a '99 Banshee w/full set of paddles in return. All said I've probably got $2000-$2100 in it. It belonged to my old boss and had mostly sat in his garage for the better part of 5 years. All the mods I'm aware of should be listed in my signature, except he did say he put a new top-end and clutch in it 5 years ago. In that time, he said it's only had 2-3 times out. There was a little buyers remorse, not gonna lie. Couldn't quite get comfortable with the idea of trading a perfectly good gun for a quad... until I rode it today. Buyer's remorse gone, sickness begins haha. For now, I'm pretty much focusing on cleaning it up (has a bit of yellow overspray from a Jeep the PO had painted), minor repairs, and learning as much as I can about it. It will get a boost bottle, TORS kit, new chain sliders, new grips, and new dirt tires in the near future though. Come next winter, you can expect a build thread. Not quite sure of the nature of the build yet, but I'll have plenty of time to figure that out haha. Anywho, that's that I guess. Lookin forward to everything this site has to offer! I'll try and get pics up sometime soon for y'all!

welcome to the hq! lots of info here just gotta figure out what you wanna do with the banshee and have a goal set for it. dont worry about getting that boost bottle they are junk. think about getting it ported though and that thing will rip your arms off :headbang:

Welcome to BHQ, since you are in Kansas, so support local business by dealing with FAST racing. They will set you up and shipping will be very quick lol. Jeff is also a great guy who will help with everything you need. Also keep an eye on the for sale section for good buys!!

There is a download for a manual in my sig, if you dont have one download it.

Adam

welcome to the hq! lots of info here just gotta figure out what you wanna do with the banshee and have a goal set for it. dont worry about getting that boost bottle they are junk. think about getting it ported though and that thing will rip your arms off :headbang:

x2

Says the guys without boost, they're definitely not the fastest guys on the forum...

Edited by Concrete

Says the guys without boost, they're definitely not the fastest guys on the forum...

Show me a "fast" bike with a boost bottle, and I will show you a faster one that doesn't have one!!!!!!!!!!! Almost everybody on here is in agreement that boost bottles do not increase your power or rideability and they cause cracked/torn intake boots which leads to air leaks and melted pistons.

so I guess a boost bottle is out now. It won't be hard to figure out another way to spend the money, i'm sure lol. I'm learning as I go. I'm thinking a trip to FAST will be in my near future... Thanks for the replies!

Show me a "fast" bike with a boost bottle, and I will show you a faster one that doesn't have one!!!!!!!!!!! Almost everybody on here is in agreement that boost bottles do not increase your power or rideability and they cause cracked/torn intake boots which leads to air leaks and melted pistons.

facepalm-face-palm-facepalm-demotiv.jpg

Was a joke bud....