2006 banshee problems

bigdawg822

Mis information will get you every time. OOOOOOOO it's a Banshee it's GOT to be hard to work on cause it's the baddest quad ever. It's actually the easiest. You can open the cases and everything stays in place.

Thanks for the info :headbang: thats great i didnt realize you could tear it down with out removing top end either. again thanks a lot.

Well i figured i would post up some pics so far, decided the hell with it if im tearing down im TEARING DOWN lol gonna go threw the whole thing while im at it see what else needs to be done dont wanna be stranded on trail. didnt get into case yet thats coming first of the week dont have time right now here is a linkl to a few over the past 1 1/2 hours lol

http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/bigdawg822/

While you are at it ditch the boost bottle. It does nothing but fuck the carb boots up. :cheers:

will do actually online now ordeing misc stuff, brake pads etc. dont really see how the "boost bottle" does a thing myself but it will come off. gotta find the hose to put back on, thanks for the info so far really appreciating this forum

having trouble finding the chain slide i believe its called sits in the swingarm below sproket in the skid plate? any ideas where i can find said part all chain guides rollers completely shot

I am brand new also and also going through my bike as not to be stranded. I have been buying my parts at F.A.S.T. and speaking with Jeff or Cody. They are really good guys and really don't mind talking with you and explaining things. Good luck.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com

well i started tearing the motor down last night didnt get into the case yet becasue i didt have the flywheel tool, ordering it today, anyway the idiot that did the clutch was a real fing idiot he didnt put the thrust plate back behind the clutch basket and the nut the holds the basket in was laying inside the case apparently he lst it and got a nut from a hardware store and out it on leaving the original buncing around insdie the case tearing shit up. im guessing that is what intiated my problem. I will be psoting pics when i get the case split and update from there, ohh yea the pistons looked like shit and the reeds are shot as well, so this job is tuning into a complete overhaul. talked to a local guy here who owns hi tech horsepower and he is going to do some porting and what not for me on it so she will be a screamer lol not gonna go crazy because this will only be a trail/occasional sand ride

got into the case last night and found the carnage. it looked like the thing had blew the clutch to pieces and somehow a few of them got inside the case??? no clue how but they did anyway they got in and tangled in the gears and blew one of them into a lot of chunks, so im in search of some trans gears now, found some on babbits site but im gonna look around and see if i can find the whole thing reasonable first. ill post up pics when i find my camera lol