Works Shocks

ginger

Recently i snagged a set of works shocks off ebay for super cheap. The lady selling them didnt know anything about them but the fact that they are for a banshee and that they are works shocks.

I was wondering if there is anyway to tell what weight they are rated for?

Thanks.

If really stiff they are set up for a heavier person than you. IF soft they are set up for a lighter person than you. Problem solved. :jesterlaugh: If you bought them cheap and they are comfortable to run, then run them how they are and worry about a revavle when they are due for a rebuild later.

Ride 'em and rock 'em, only way to tell. Or sell them to me and I'll worry about it. :jesterlaugh::cheers:

If really stiff they are set up for a heavier person than you. IF soft they are set up for a lighter person than you. Problem solved. :jesterlaugh: If you bought them cheap and they are comfortable to run, then run them how they are and worry about a revavle when they are due for a rebuild later.

Pretty accurate advice right there.

If there are any signs of leaking, don't run them. You'll do more damage than good. You can pull the springs off, compress the shaft, and make sure it comes out slowly. If the shaft shoots right out, the shocks are blown out, and it'll be a pretty penny to get them back in working condition again.

Shock pistons are similar to engine pistons. Run them without lubrication (oil), and you can expect it to be toast real quick.