What is glamis like?

Yamahabansheebros

Great, here i was thinking for the 24 years of my life Glamis is the place to be.....after hearing this that's kinda disappointing. Ive been in Coos Bay riding the dunes here my entire life. so unless i got a 10mill+ drag bike im not gonna have fun? that sucks lol. Guess i better keep enjoying my sand dunes...all there doing is getting smaller with all this closing stuff off shit....damn snowy plover.

No thats what Dumont is for. Tons of dunes to dune around on. Like matt said even on big weekends you can ride and still wont see many people.

I swore off going to Glamis after we camped next to the Aryan nation... they drew a massive swastika with gasoline and lit it on fire! Gordons, does not seem to get as many crazies.

Oh, hi neighbor!

kidding...

I don't know that I would swear off a place because one group of people were dumb... lol. If that was the case, I'd never leave my house. I like Gordon's now that I have a sand car, but if you have a bike, and want to go see any of the cool shit at Glamis, you better strap a gas can to your back...

I consider glamis and gordon's two different places because they are so far apart, and completely different people like you said. Buttercup also is cool, cuz you can ride right down to the border fence, and literally you never see other people.

The days of 60,000 party goers are gone.

We have less people now, less trash & garbage people to deal with.

Most of Glamis ranger enforcement came from idiots like those shown in vids.

We get our party on too, i set up my dj equipment but we party at camp.

We don't go out and act like fools in public or even worse in front of the sand pigs.

Glamis is a beautiful place to be.

Glamis179.jpg

I prefer Buttercup much more. If I had a sand car I would camp at Glamis, but my crew is all quads and Buttercup is just fine for that..The fence they put up cut into a lot of our riding area, but there's still a lot of

nice fresh virgin dunes south from camp....I'm not real big on Glamis. I've only been up there 5 or 6 times, so I don't know where everything is, but it seems like we have to ride way south to find any dunes that aren't all rutted up...We still make the best of it when where there and have a pretty good time...Buttercup on quads is a much better time IMO....There aren't nearly as many "homeboys" down there either.

I prefer Buttercup much more. If I had a sand car I would camp at Glamis, but my crew is all quads and Buttercup is just fine for that..The fence they put up cut into a lot of our riding area, but there's still a lot of

nice fresh virgin dunes south from camp....I'm not real big on Glamis. I've only been up there 5 or 6 times, so I don't know where everything is, but it seems like we have to ride way south to find any dunes that aren't all rutted up...We still make the best of it when where there and have a pretty good time...Buttercup on quads is a much better time IMO....There aren't nearly as many "homeboys" down there either.

Buttercup IS pretty cool. It's too small for us guys with the sand cars, but from what I was told by my buddy who works for the BLM, buttercup may or may not be open for riding in the next few years. I guess they're considering closing buttercup, and opening up certain parts of the closure between glamis and gordons right at Patton Valley. It's just a rumor at this point, but that would open up some awesome dunes in Patton.

I wouldnt believe that shit for a minute. They never give anything back once they take it, they just keep taking more. So as it wouldnt surprise me if they closed buttercup good luck getting any of the closed area back. Fucking tree huggers. I wish they would all die in a fire and take the fucking politicians with them. Then we could cook snowy plovers, desert tortoises and spotted owls over their ashes. banghead

I wouldnt believe that shit for a minute. They never give anything back once they take it, they just keep taking more. So as it wouldnt surprise me if they closed buttercup good luck getting any of the closed area back. Fucking tree huggers. I wish they would all die in a fire and take the fucking politicians with them. Then we could cook snowy plovers, desert tortoises and spotted owls over their ashes. banghead

X2...roasted snowy plover.....yummy might get some oregon dunes back if they were dead. probably not however

On a positive note for the Pismo beach riders.

Lying tree hugging environmentalists prooved their altered toxic numbers to be false, the people are now filing lawsuit against them. So i guess were not endangering any species so give us back our fucking sand! Ohh and research prooved these stupid snowy plover birds kill each other more than any thing else out there. damn...