J-arm Banshee Roller

SalM

Hey guy I need some insight... I'm reading about the J-arm banshees being nothing wow but I found a roller. for $200 just missing pipes motor and some little odds and ends. should I pick it up? I've heard banshees with j-arms ball joints wear quicker can someone explain that to me? and how does that work to change them do I change the whole arm? and can I do a j-arm to a-arm conversion kit and not have to change the arm everytime the ball joint goes bad.?

I need the info as soon as possible thanks a lot guys!

J arms are awesome! Buy that shit and call JL for his awesome J Arms. Everyone has a banshee but few have a J arm banshee!

Adam

But do new J-arms eliminate the ball joint wear? and thing Is I do alot of trail riding and jumping so I dont know if J-arm is good... thats why I want to do the A-arm conversion...

Really the only issue with the J arm bikes is the fact that they wear the bushings out about once a season. There is nothing wrong with them. I am building one for my daughter right now. Just build it and put bushings in the arms once a season and you will be fine.

Really the only issue with the J arm bikes is the fact that they wear the bushings out about once a season. There is nothing wrong with them. I am building one for my daughter right now. Just build it and put bushings in the arms once a season and you will be fine.

How much are bushings? and thing is that worries me is I've heard they're prone to bending and "tweaking" the frame. My main concern is that if I do the A-arm conversion, do I have to change bushings and ball joints as often and is it still as prone to breaking as j-arms?

Edited by SalM

Ball joints are not a problem it is just the bushings that are a problem and like phelps said if you do the bronze ones they last a long time.