Everything 4 mil

Lowflyin

I currently do not have a banshee but will have one when I find one for the right price. Anyways, as soon as I get it I want to build a 4 mil. I think I know everything I need but i want to make sure.

I want a serval, but after everything is priced up , it will cost about 2200. A stock cylinder 4 mil, probably 1500.

Now first off, what kind of transmission mods will I need to handle the power.

I know a lockup/cover and shift star mod. What else is neccesary?

If I went for a stock cylinder 4 mil, can a banshee ported for stock stroke be re-ported for the 4 mil?

Is this the basic parts list for a stock cyl 4 mil.

-true/welded crank

-pistons

-115 rods

-porting

-coolhead with stroker domes

-lock out

-lock out cover

-shift star mod

-clutch w/ street bike fibers

Few more questions,

Would it be worth it to just do the tranny mods and save until I have enough money for the serval.?

How does a lock out effect shifting?

What are say 2-5 or 2-6 overrides? what is the dunable part mean.?

BTW, I ride all types of trails/slate.

Thanks,

Zak :cheers:

The best option is to call a site sponsor. Jeff @ FAST I know is very good with information. He will also do a quote so you know what you want. Many good references for him all throughout BHQ.

Another is HJR there are strong recommendations for him aswell. I believe Wildcard is also another good source. Their shipping is fast, and customer service is great.

I know it's not the answer but I hope that helps a little to point you to resources for great information.

Adam

The best option is to call a site sponsor. Jeff @ FAST I know is very good with information. He will also do a quote so you know what you want. Many good references for him all throughout BHQ.

Another is HJR there are strong recommendations for him aswell. I believe Wildcard is also another good source. Their shipping is fast, and customer service is great.

I know it's not the answer but I hope that helps a little to point you to resources for great information.

Adam

I plan on going to Kevin for porting. Thanks for the recommendations though.

Anybody else have some input?

you will need a stock modded transmission. i know someone who does one that ACTUALLY works ( HINT HINT) if you would like more info PM me.

I had the tranny mods cam offers done to my 4mil serval and it shifts better the my ported stock cylinder. I got all my parts from fast and they helped me with what I needed. Their clutch kit with new inner and outer hubs w/ six HD springs will be fine for your build.