I need help!

redneck4x4cowgirl31

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned check that all conections are clean and tight, maybe put dab of dielectric grease on them. Check that the frame grounds are clean and tight, there is one towards the front by engine and one by rear of seat by voltage regulator. Check where coil mounts is bare metal. Trim 1/4" off plug wires and re-install plug caps. Not real sure but from looking at wireing diagram main switch has continuity when on and stop switch has none when in "on" posistion. Last thing to check is flywheel/stator. Make suer "nub" on out side are clean. Using "only" a Banshee flywheel puller, pull it and make sure poles on stator are clean. Shake flywheel, if it rattles is shot. After installing flywheel gap pick-up coil .020, checked at both nubs. Ohm stator also. Either buy a Clymers repair manual or find a download one. This will keep you busy until you get your hands on a cdi to try. :cheers:

BTW, welcome to BHQ !! :dance::cheers:

http://www.mediafire.com/?oiz8lyqrw27rxlo Try this, I know nothing about this site.

Edited by Larry's Shee

HUGE mistake trying to be a diesel mechanic. Not to be a dick but, you will never make it in the field. Your gonna be torquing bolts as much as you weight. Believe me I work on diesels all day and I hate it kind of. It really beats you up. The biggest thing now a days tho( i haven't been in the field long but I talk with all the senior techs) NO MONEY!!!!!

everything your learning in school is a waste.

Nothing is rebuilt, its all replaced. When you replace thing you make no hours. Flat rate pay can be your worst enemy. especially for you. your gonna need allot of help. Most people don't like to stop what there doing to help someone out. That eats into there time. If you have any questions about it ask me I'll tell you straight up.

HUGE mistake trying to be a diesel mechanic. Not to be a dick but, you will never make it in the field. Your gonna be torquing bolts as much as you weight. Believe me I work on diesels all day and I hate it kind of. It really beats you up. The biggest thing now a days tho( i haven't been in the field long but I talk with all the senior techs) NO MONEY!!!!!

everything your learning in school is a waste.

Nothing is rebuilt, its all replaced. When you replace thing you make no hours. Flat rate pay can be your worst enemy. especially for you. your gonna need allot of help. Most people don't like to stop what there doing to help someone out. That eats into there time. If you have any questions about it ask me I'll tell you straight up.

They do make a thing call Torque Multiplier. You will never tighten the bolts, nuts, studs on an AMD, or ALCO without one Sheerider. Depending on what type of mechanics she will be doing, she may not even be lifting anything. Again, on those two motors you are not going to pick anything up without a crane. Just sayin'

Adam