banshee slow to powerband then hauls ass?

duramaxsmoke

i just did a 392 kit cool head with 18 dome 160 compression stock stroke stock carbs i started at 360 mains 27.5 pilot sheaer inframes ,when riding its a dog for a good 8-10 sec then hits the power band and screams .im happy with the power just want it to hit the powerband like before {with stock bore fmf pipes no cool head 300 main 27.5 pilot }any input would help i changed the jets to 350 but didnot have a chance to run it got too late i need help

toomy needles will make it not do that they will make it better but most like the stock needle they say it is snappier like you said . i like 28mm carbs on stock jugs.or 35mm pwks on my 421 aggresive trail ported jugs .and i use ported wsm pistons for a tad more power on pump gas hop this help you.155 cpr

i just did a 392 kit cool head with 18 dome 160 compression stock stroke stock carbs i started at 360 mains 27.5 pilot sheaer inframes ,when riding its a dog for a good 8-10 sec then hits the power band and screams .im happy with the power just want it to hit the powerband like before {with stock bore fmf pipes no cool head 300 main 27.5 pilot }any input would help i changed the jets to 350 but didnot have a chance to run it got too late i need help

try lowering the needles to clear up the mid and if that doesnt help it,then rejet the main down and keep a close eye on the spark plugs.

You didnt say what 392 you have but if it is the athena kit they have no bottom end or torque compared to stock. I amm assuming your plug chops have a nice beer bottle brown ring about 1 - 1 1/2 mm tall? Was ot the same color when riddden on the needle ? Thats very important or it will bogg.

yea i got the athena kit used for 300 with cool head bb 19 cc domes couldnt pass but now thinking i shuld have just got a stock set ported do i launch full throttle or what it is so fast in power band im stumped i want a lot of top but still want mid to compliment ,i only have 1300 in total build bike pipes and big bore new to 2 stroke but hooked thanks for all help so far plug looked ok for three full pulls but did not shut bike down like i shuld have idk

Edited by bodo

Unfortuneately the athena kit is that way. They should advertise it as . No low to mid , more topend than stock but still not as good as a ported set of cyls or a cub. All this for only $899...... banghead

well ill just have to get a cub than lol i only lost on 200 so its not that bad im sure i can sell it and at least get my stock cyls ported ill try it and see what happens ?