Carbs...any suggestions?

PennsGrove-P

ok i have an 01 that i jus freshened up..it has toomey t5s and vf3.. i jus went up to a 64.5 cuz after 10 yrs it finally started showin its age! well now that im bak together i proceed to do my warmups and am spitting raw gas out the left side..plugs soakenwet and side feels weak..my guess is carb flooding out on that side n its not fireing right..took carb apart n it LOOKS great & i know looks can be decieving..so is it time to explore 32s yet?

for your stock engine, use the stock carbs.

the issue you could be having is a stuck float.

take the carbs apart and clean them, they might need to be rebuilt too.

thanks for the info...ive takin them things apart a couple times and they look fine..float doest appear to be sticking but it could be...does the needle valves wear down? could this be my prob?Im ready to get new carbs & stop all this guessing cuz it driving me fuckin crazy! So since im basically stock(pipes and reeds) 28s would be better than 32s even tho im tryin to get a lil more speed?

Could be a fouled plug, are both pipes getting hot? Swap plug wires and see if it changes.

swap plugs or wires? does these coils go bad? my left side was real wet spitting raw gas & seemed to be flooding cause i was getting what seemed to be low compression on that side when it sat ideling...if i cracked the throttle it seemed to be fine but sitting ideling compression is not as strong as other side...so i swapped carbs and it no longer is spitting gas out but the compression still feels weak on that side unless i crack throttle & it runs great! this is a FRESH top end were talking bout with a BRAND NEW wiseco piston n rings..the reason i freshen up the top end is cause it was doin THIS..i jus got it bak together was goin thru my warmups when i noticed the problem is still here..i switched the plugs and its still dat side so now im thinkin either the pipes got saturated with dat gas and its pushin da old wetness out now(cuz it no longer blowin gas) but stingers could b clogged?? or there is an issue with that side plug wire?? IM STUCK!!!!

Swapping plug wires helps diagnos bad wire, cap or issue with stator, as both plugs fire at same time. Ohm plug caps, cit wires back 1/4' for "fresh" contact. Check pick up gap at both nubs on flywheel. Try cleaning needle seat with tooth paste and Q-tip. Float needle look good?

On my son's 'shee I cleaned the rust off stator poles and flywheel nubs and st gap to clear one sided miss. :cheers:

Swapping plug wires helps diagnos bad wire, cap or issue with stator, as both plugs fire at same time. Ohm plug caps, cit wires back 1/4' for "fresh" contact. Check pick up gap at both nubs on flywheel. Try cleaning needle seat with tooth paste and Q-tip. Float needle look good?

On my son's 'shee I cleaned the rust off stator poles and flywheel nubs and st gap to clear one sided miss. :cheers:

Thanks Larry will try!