Steering trouble! Stellar and metal techs same trouble? Help!

DwnSouth

my steering on the banshee i just purchased is doing the same the wheel actually locks to one side, it was this way when i bought it, pretty sure it has stock spindles and burguard a-arms ,

i have not looked into the problem yet as i am waiting on my jugs and a-arm bushings.

my steering on the banshee i just purchased is doing the same the wheel actually locks to one side, it was this way when i bought it, pretty sure it has stock spindles and burguard a-arms ,

i have not looked into the problem yet as i am waiting on my jugs and a-arm bushings.

bend your steering stop back where it actually works.

Are the upper heims on the spindle LH threads? I don't see why they would be but damn they tight ! Or if they weren't they are now!!

Yes, all tie rods made by people that know what they're doing, have left hand threads on one end. If you look close at the threads you can see which way the nut needs to turn to back it off. Oh wait, are you talking about the heim that replaces the ball joint? If so, no, should be right hand thread.

Edited by Starwriter

Looks good. Nice work. So, did that slow the steering down a bunch? In the video from before, it was so fast that if you blinked your eyes you would have been going the other direction. I'm guessing that now you're going to need to cut some off of the nuts that you welded to the steering stem.

You're right. Now I think I'll be ok cutting the nuts off. I'll prolly grind half off and see what happens. It won't have any turning radius with the limited steering right now.