Maxima castor 927?

11AGUY

anybody running this right now... here's the scoop... I have 2003 banshee that I will be putting a new top end on and new silencers.... everything else is stock... Live in CT at an altitude of 500 feet..

I have heard that you might have to rejet with this oil and is a high temp oil... the freaking guy at the yamaha shop recommended it and I'm not so sure anymore... I spoke to Maxima and they stated that Super M is there recommendation for trail riding... any thoughts and experiences appreciated

Thanks

Alot of guys do not like 927, Because it is a dirty burning oil. I run it in both my Banshee's, One is a 10Mil 535, And the other is a new 10Mil 611will DM, I think its a great oil. And it mixes with alcohol great.

Edited by 10milmike

927 is a castor based oil. It will provide great protection for your motor, but if you don't ride it hard enough you will have a gooey build up on your silencers and possibly carbon buildup on your pistons and rings. I used to run Benol in all my bikes until the rings stuck in the wife's Blaster due to carbon buildup from not riding it hard enough and too much idling. I swithed to R50 synthetic in all my bikes and have had no problems since.

Edited by bansheesandrider