leaky carbs after rebuild

Hi my carbs were leaking from the overflow so i stripped and rebuilt them ,i replaced the needles but not the seat or jets as they looked ok and are very expensive from yamaha and bad to get hold of aftermarket over here but everything was cleaned well

i put the carbs back on last night the bike started first kick but there was still petrol running from the overflow one worse than the other

they are standard carbs and i put the needle clip on the third notch is this right and i read in another post about a choke tube running between the carbs ,mine didnt have this will this affect it ?

any help will be greatly appriciated thanks chris

If it is leaking from the overflow it means the needle valve and seat are not closing off the fuel from the tank. Your jet needle has no affect on the flow of fuel from the tank. 2 different things. You need to replace the needle valve and seat, yes they are expensive. Also, make sure the O ring on the outside of the seat is in good shape- soft and no tears or abrasions. And make sure you set your float height properly.