CASE SPLITTING

DMAYHALL

Yes and no. You can leave a lot of stuff still on the trany shafts and so on but you should take it all down and do it right. Also there is a case connector behind the clutch basket you need to take off. You can't do it.with out taking the clutch basket off.

Edited by 2004LEBanshee

I would look into cleaning everything. if you are going to install a 4mil Crank I would want to go through the motor. They engines are very basic. Clean everything before you take it apart. I like the car wash. Tape the intakes, exhaust, wrap in plastic and hose away. Starting clean is a lot easier than starting dirty. You would hate to drop a piece of dirt in your cases as you are putting them back together. I would stay away from Permatex I like to use Yamabond because it is designed for applications such as putting the cases together.

This is my opinion and I have not had issues with rebuilds and my case splitting experiences.

Adam

I would look into cleaning everything. if you are going to install a 4mil Crank I would want to go through the motor. They engines are very basic. Clean everything before you take it apart. I like the car wash. Tape the intakes, exhaust, wrap in plastic and hose away. Starting clean is a lot easier than starting dirty. You would hate to drop a piece of dirt in your cases as you are putting them back together. I would stay away from Permatex I like to use Yamabond because it is designed for applications such as putting the cases together.

This is my opinion and I have not had issues with rebuilds and my case splitting experiences.

Adam

yamabond isn't available any more. lol

Edited by BigRed350x

I didn't know Yamabond was not available anymore. Then it's back to Permatex Aviation sealer. If its good enough for FAA regulations then I see no problems for a banshee. Yamabond 4 is based on aviation sealer anyways.

Sorry to side track the tread. I just hate Permatex. Gas eats it. It's messy and does not have a "clean" look.

Adam