pods worth it on the trails?

i was wondering if UNI 2 stage pods would be a good idea on a total trail banshee? i plan on also making a sheet metal cover to protect it from the mud and water like i did for my new build, but its not going to be a full box around the filters like the oem air box. thanks for any comments.

i was wondering if UNI 2 stage pods would be a good idea on a total trail banshee? i plan on also making a sheet metal cover to protect it from the mud and water like i did for my new build, but its not going to be a full box around the filters like the oem air box. thanks for any comments.

If you ride in a lot of water and mud I doubt you will like them. Just gonna suck moisture and water in your motor. Other than that pods help quiet a bit

Well my riding conditions arent so bad. Im on a farm which is pretty much where we ride. Theres 1,000 acres of land we farm and we ride old back roads and gas well roads to get there. Nows the time of season where my dad rebuilds his banshee and gets everything ready for next year. I have pods and ive really never had problems because i wasnt out riding in the rain or when it was sloppy, i just made sure if i was gonna be riding in the woods, id have something to cover them up from any kind of water that my tires might throw up into my pods. I will probably build the same for my dad when i get the chance. I want k&n pods, but im still reading to see what i actually need. I havent seen an outerwear that protects from water for the UNI pods either

I prefer the pods as they make it much easier to jet and work on. With outerwears we dont have much trouble w/puddles but we dont run through mudholes either. An occasional minor splash through puddles shouldnt hurt. Now crossing a creek may be a different story but hey, in that case maybe you should be on a Grizzly 700. ha

I prefer the pods as they make it much easier to jet and work on. With outerwears we dont have much trouble w/puddles but we dont run through mudholes either. An occasional minor splash through puddles shouldnt hurt. Now crossing a creek may be a different story but hey, in that case maybe you should be on a Grizzly 700. ha

agreed haha. Any idea of what pod would work best for my situation?