need some advice on mods

lky27

i bought a banshee a few months before leaving on a deployment and now am buying parts to upgrade it while im gone, i already have FMF fatty pipes and am looking into other parts but i dont wanna have to run race fuel, i ride mostly ditches and gravel pits. im gonna run with no air box lid (uni after market filter) so i know im gonna have to rejet, but im also looking into advancing the timing and getting a cool head. how far should i advance and what size domes would work with that to keep the shee on pump gas. aslo and other mods you guys can think of would be greatlly appreciated. im from MN at 1000 to 1100 elevation if that info is needed. thanks again

i bought a banshee a few months before leaving on a deployment and now am buying parts to upgrade it while im gone, i already have FMF fatty pipes and am looking into other parts but i dont wanna have to run race fuel, i ride mostly ditches and gravel pits. im gonna run with no air box lid (uni after market filter) so i know im gonna have to rejet, but im also looking into advancing the timing and getting a cool head. how far should i advance and what size domes would work with that to keep the shee on pump gas. aslo and other mods you guys can think of would be greatlly appreciated. im from MN at 1000 to 1100 elevation if that info is needed. thanks again

you SHOULD be ok running 21cc domes..... +4 is what most of us stick to when advancing our timing. Id call a sponsor (or message them on here) like Jeff at F.A.S.T. or Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing and ask their advice....they're super awsome guys and can get you the parts for your bike also. Id also talk to Mattscs...he rebuilds suspension components and can steer you in teh right direction for a suspension that will make your bike faster.....just cause you have the power doesn't mean you can get over the bumps/ruts fastest...

you SHOULD be ok running 21cc domes..... +4 is what most of us stick to when advancing our timing. Id call a sponsor (or message them on here) like Jeff at F.A.S.T. or Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing and ask their advice....they're super awsome guys and can get you the parts for your bike also. Id also talk to Mattscs...he rebuilds suspension components and can steer you in teh right direction for a suspension that will make your bike faster.....just cause you have the power doesn't mean you can get over the bumps/ruts fastest...

Thanks for the contacts, i also heard that +4 was the so called "sweet spot" and was thinking of 21cc domes but thought maybe a little smaller would still be ok, i just ordered a set of V force reeds and am looking at a chariot timing plate i hear there one of the most reliable, and not to bad on price either

yank the motor split the case, true weld the crank, stock mod the trans, inspect the entire motor and make sure the internals are all ok escpecially the shifting componets, check piston -wall clearances, replace pistons if necessary, clean up port at least on cyls. port match cases, have the ports trued up and make sure they are at least in factory specs, boyesen 2 stage reeds, port cages, port match intakes, shave the flywheel, cut the stock plate for +4 timing, get a billet basket and an aftermarket clutch, cut open the air box, buy a filter plate for it also, get torrs eliminator, differnt needles for the carbs, have it jetted by someone who knows what they are doing and synch the carbs dead nuts perfect. and no not by sight. if all your going to do is go for 21cc domes i'd just shave the stock head down and set squish at about .45-50 tho and rip it up. go show those 4 pokes what a "piped and jetted" banshee looks like