scat track buffs

Banshee Chad

Finally scored a set of front sand tires... Got scat track smooth buffs on blue labels for $50... Almost new. Now I just need the snow to melt so I can test em. Never had front sand tires before.

Also got a set of sand tires unlimited razor backs on some blue labels from a friend for free..for zilla wheels so I gotta drill em out.. unless someone wants to trade? Need a second set for my wires trailblazer, which has same pattern as banshee.

Edited by Banshee Chad

Finally scored a set of front sand tires... Got scat track smooth buffs on blue labels for $50... Almost new. Now I just need the snow to melt so I can test em. Never had front sand tires before.

Also got a set of sand tires unlimited razor backs on some blue labels from a friend for free..for zilla wheels so I gotta drill em out.. unless someone wants to trade? Need a second set for my wires trailblazer, which has same pattern as banshee.

IMO, the only thing good about the smooth buffs is if you just want to do straight line running. if your duning i would want a rib cause it acts like a rudder on a boat going through the water. Now for your second set of tires i dont know if there front or rear but i know that STU makes a front razor back and there a awesome tire and i would love to have another set. i have a set of smooth buffs i dont need or want on douglas rims.

copied this from STU website. smoothies suck for duning period again JMO, they dont help you turn, they just dig and push. if you just wanna drag by all means run a smoothie.

Sand is to ATV's as air is to a plane and water to a boat. It all works the same. So, create a bigger tire and more footprint and you get more floatation. Sand moves away when you push off it and it moves around when you apply pressure to it. So, it follows that a front sand tire should turn through an unstable medium, like sand, just as rudders do on planes and boats. We gave this tire a biased rudder.

copied this from STU website. smoothies suck for duning period again JMO, they dont help you turn, they just dig and push. if you just wanna drag by all means run a smoothie.

Sand is to ATV's as air is to a plane and water to a boat. It all works the same. So, create a bigger tire and more footprint and you get more floatation. Sand moves away when you push off it and it moves around when you apply pressure to it. So, it follows that a front sand tire should turn through an unstable medium, like sand, just as rudders do on planes and boats. We gave this tire a biased rudder.

Ya, the logic is there.... But I got lots of friends that love their smoothness over any ribbed.

I run the STU razors....best tire out there period!!

Baldies are great when all you're doing is straight line dragging but they suck hind titty for turning.

The STU's are so light that people trip when I hand one to them off the bike.....

Jayzx how would you compare your STU razors to the Skat-trac Mohawks turning wise? What size of rim/tire are you running? I'm needing front sand tires and I'm using haulers 22 x 11 x 8" on the back with 12 paddles. I was considering running either a 21 x 7 x 10 or a 23 x 8 x 11 Mohawks on the front, but was not sure which would work best with the 22" haulers since I am "NEW" to Banshees?

I run the STU razors....best tire out there period!!

Baldies are great when all you're doing is straight line dragging but they suck hind titty for turning.

The STU's are so light that people trip when I hand one to them off the bike.....

The ITP Sand Stars double rib will out cut a Razor back any day. I switched from Razors to Sand Stars and my bike turns WAY BETTER and goes exactly where I point it. They might weigh a little more but are far more durable and less money than Razors.

The ITP Sand Stars double rib will out cut a Razor back any day. I switched from Razors to Sand Stars and my bike turns WAY BETTER and goes exactly where I point it. They might weigh a little more but are far more durable and less money than Razors.

Nobbies turn awesome.. they are just heavier. I think its a matter of finding right tire for bike/rider. The more ridges or nobbs you have of course the better it will turn. But is the drag worth it?

I know a lot of people that run the buffs and love them. Guess well see.