13.5' Eye to Eye marvins

ktKid

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120830037960?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Sorry Guys Sold on Ebay.

BUY IT NOW at $260

Shipping $15.00

After Paypal- $266.

Shipping $9 Bucks

$255 said and done.

Next time get your pen and paper out Joshy boy and take notes :)

Edited by ktKid

1500psi front Marvin shaw?

Most of the front Marvin shaws I have got rebuilt have been in the 400-500 psi range... Now, the rear Marvin Is a different story....

Sorry, sometimes I take it for granted that everyone knows about these.

Those shocks initially were designed to be used on the front of a Volkswagon Beam front end, and would often be pressurized for 1500psi, or more. These particular shocks, I'm not sure what they were built for, but regardless, I wouldn't even turn down a shock that us pressurized to 500psi for cosmetic reasons.

Last time I sent shocks that were turned down to Marvin Shaw for rebuild they didn't want to rebuild them. They actually had me buy new shock bodies. I have other that are turned down, luckily I haven't had to send them in. Also in my opinion the shocks in the pic had the lower heim run out past the point where I would felt safe. Just my opinion

Edited by VR350

Last time I sent shocks that were turned down to Marvin Shaw for rebuild they didn't want to rebuild them. They actually had me buy new shock bodies. I have other that are turned down, luckily I haven't had to send them in. Also in my opinion the shocks in the pic had the lower heim run out past the point where I would felt safe. Just my opinion

Very good points. Frankly, it's unsafe, and an immense liability You wouldn't turn down your nitrogen or welding tanks, would you? The pressures inside these shocks can easily reach over 3000 psi under full compression.

I also agree that those heims are unsafe. The one on the left looks bent.