2008 banshee kickstart

BansheeWA

hey guys, i am just seeing if you's could give me a few pointers, i went riding the other week with a few boys and the misses (who has the 08 banshee) she was riding along in 3rd gear not flat sticking it or anything just cruising and it started making weird noises so she stopped straight away as she stopped it cut out, i tried to kick it over but the kick start wouldnt budge at all, i was hopeing the motor hasent siezed so i thought id open up the side where the kickstart is to have a look if anythings looks abnormal in there. everything looks fine so its starting to worry me the motor has siezed. i bought the banshee for her a month ago and it was running perfect at the time, when i brought it home i did a full oil change on it, the oil looked like it hadent been changed for a while it was quite dirty. she had taken it out a few times before this happend and there was no indercations of the motor running rough. i would appreciate it alot if you guys could try send me in the rite direction what to do?

Cheers Tyson

hey guys, i am just seeing if you's could give me a few pointers, i went riding the other week with a few boys and the misses (who has the 08 banshee) she was riding along in 3rd gear not flat sticking it or anything just cruising and it started making weird noises so she stopped straight away as she stopped it cut out, i tried to kick it over but the kick start wouldnt budge at all, i was hopeing the motor hasent siezed so i thought id open up the side where the kickstart is to have a look if anythings looks abnormal in there. everything looks fine so its starting to worry me the motor has siezed. i bought the banshee for her a month ago and it was running perfect at the time, when i brought it home i did a full oil change on it, the oil looked like it hadent been changed for a while it was quite dirty. she had taken it out a few times before this happend and there was no indercations of the motor running rough. i would appreciate it alot if you guys could try send me in the rite direction what to do?

Cheers Tyson

Tyson, Odds are it did indeed seize. What kind of premix and what are you mixing the gas at?

Also, I'm not sure if you are aware, the "oil" you changed was not engine oil. That was transmission fluid. What did you replace that oil with, and how much did you put in there?

I have bids he didnt pre mix his oil, thought the trans oil was for the engine.....

did you mix oil in your gas, say around 32 or 40:1 ???

if not, new motor time, cylinders and pistons and probly crank and rod bearings went BYE BYE

I always wondered what happened if you didnt mix ANY oil in the gas, guess thats what happens

Edited by Overboost

1 liter of oil to 25 liters of gas would be 25:1. so with 500mL which i believe is 1/2 a liter would make your ratio 50:1.... Most widely used on banshees is 32:1 some run 40:1 but 50:1 is lean. Probably a seizure due to not enough oil in premix.

Edited by Rustynail

1 liter of oil to 25 liters of gas would be 25:1. so with 500mL which i believe is 1/2 a liter would make your ratio 50:1.... Most widely used on banshees is 32:1 some run 40:1 but 50:1 is lean. Probably a seizure due to not enough oil in premix.

ohh, bummer dude

4oz per gallon is safe mix zone. also most all castor based oils will seperate in the colder weather..

most likely if it was abused it was needing a top end anyways. just yank it and fix it. and if your not sure PLEASE have a reputable shop do it so you dont have to worry about it again.