Need Help.. Bike starts and Idles.. Give it gas it Hesitates.

NJ2STROKE

Ya sure your jetting and everything is spot on in the carb? Sounds like its drowning in fuel when you give it a braap. Hows your air filter...maybe she's not breathing right? Try it without the air filter and see what that yeilds ya.

Edited by rocky_mtn_yamaha

Ya sure your jetting and everything is spot on in the carb? Sounds like its drowning in fuel when you give it a braap. Hows your air filter...maybe she's not breathing right? Try it without the air filter and see what that yeilds ya.

Will check the jetting on the carb. Had it setup for the single intake, not sure what the numbers are. I have a new K&N filter on it no air box.

wait.....you HAD it set up as in someone set it up for you? or HAD it setup before for a single carb and are now using twins?

sounds to me like it could be a jetting issue...

I ordered the carb online and had them jet it according to the setup i have. I'm in VA and the temp ranges this time of year from 35 degrees to almost 80 degrees. any suggestions for jetting, or should i run a dual carb setup instead of a single?

Will check the jetting on the carb. Had it setup for the single intake, not sure what the numbers are. I have a new K&N filter on it no air box.

When you went to the single carb, did you unplug the TORS box under the left side of the fuel tank next to the coil? If you don't have the carb switches and open the thumd throttle it will cut out. AND while you are eliminating things, get rid of the park brake rev limiter also. Do this by cutting the green/yellow wire in the bike harness at the CDI box plug, Cut it on the bike side of the connector, not on the box side- this will keep the wire from the box shorting to ground and activating the rev limiter.

When you went to the single carb, did you unplug the TORS box under the left side of the fuel tank next to the coil? If you don't have the carb switches and open the thumd throttle it will cut out. AND while you are eliminating things, get rid of the park brake rev limiter also. Do this by cutting the green/yellow wire in the bike harness at the CDI box plug, Cut it on the bike side of the connector, not on the box side- this will keep the wire from the box shorting to ground and activating the rev limiter.

I stripped the bike down completely and started fresh. i dont have the TORS on there at all. the only thing that is left are teh connectors on the harness. i removed the plug that is in the throttle housing completely. the only thing that may be connected is the rev limiter. i will check that today.

I stripped the bike down completely and started fresh. i dont have the TORS on there at all. the only thing that is left are teh connectors on the harness. i removed the plug that is in the throttle housing completely. the only thing that may be connected is the rev limiter. i will check that today.

i dont have a park swith on the 01 so that not the problem. gonna try re jetting the carb and see what happens.

i dont have a park swith on the 01 so that not the problem. gonna try re jetting the carb and see what happens.

All Banshees 1997 and newer came with park Brake rev limiter, the switch is built into the clutch lever perch. You are probably thinking of the switches for the brake light that came on the 02 and newer bikes. Even if you do not have a switch for the rev limiter, if the wire is not removed the way I previously described, the wire can short to ground and activate the rev limiter. If the green/yellow wire has continuity to ground(even if the switch gets wet) the CDI box goes into rev limiter mode and it will run as you described.

All Banshees 1997 and newer came with park Brake rev limiter, the switch is built into the clutch lever perch. You are probably thinking of the switches for the brake light that came on the 02 and newer bikes. Even if you do not have a switch for the rev limiter, if the wire is not removed the way I previously described, the wire can short to ground and activate the rev limiter. If the green/yellow wire has continuity to ground(even if the switch gets wet) the CDI box goes into rev limiter mode and it will run as you described.

I will check it.. dont have the bike infront of me right now. looked at the wiring diagrams in the back of clymer. it shows 87-01 without it and 02-06 with it. i will check it though. i cant remember wether there is a green/yellow wire on the cdi or not. doesnt show in the diagram

I will check it.. dont have the bike infront of me right now. looked at the wiring diagrams in the back of clymer. it shows 87-01 without it and 02-06 with it. i will check it though. i cant remember wether there is a green/yellow wire on the cdi or not. doesnt show in the diagram

I know the change was made on the 97 models- my wife's 96 that we bought brand new did not have it and the 97 that we have now did have it. We bought the 97 from the original owner who is a personal friend so I know the history of the bike. As I said before, the difference between 01 and 02 is they added brake lights, so make sure you are looking at the right thing in the diagram. And as I also said before, the park brake rev limiter wire goes into the clutch perch , not the brake lever.

I know the change was made on the 97 models- my wife's 96 that we bought brand new did not have it and the 97 that we have now did have it. We bought the 97 from the original owner who is a personal friend so I know the history of the bike. As I said before, the difference between 01 and 02 is they added brake lights, so make sure you are looking at the right thing in the diagram. And as I also said before, the park brake rev limiter wire goes into the clutch perch , not the brake lever.

Thanx it was definitely the rev limiter. now to continue the build