Stock carb jetting

BakoBanshee

I have a '01 shee that I installed a TORS Eliminator kit and at the same time rebuilt the stock carbs since they were leaking from the overflow tubes. Ever since I put everything back together my shee has a lazy bottom end with a slight bog and just doesnt have crisp throttle response anymore. I dont know if its a result from the tors kit or from the carb rebuild kits. The midrange and top end are good and it will idle. But if its idleing and I slam the throttle WFO it will bog and die. The carb kits came with new jets and needles for stock carbs. My carbs had 260 mains for the fmf fattys and if I remember correctly, stock needles and pilots. I replaced everything but the mains. Im wondering if the pilots or needles in the rebuilt kits were different then my stockers since I didnt check them before replacing them :shootself: ??? What is the stock pilot size and needles? Thanks,

Rebuild kits generally come with stock 25 pilots and stock needles. You prolly need 27.5 and play with the air/fuel screw. May want to get carb sync tool to help even more. Give us a call if have any ???s..

If the bike ran great before you tore it apart then there is no reason to put a larger pilot jet in the bike. My guess is that you did not get your slides adjusted the smae when you toke the TORS off. Take your air filters off and more the thumb throttle and see if your slides start moving at the same time. The stock pilot is a 25 and your kit may have came with a bigger one and that could be your problem or you may have had a 27.5 in there and you put a smaller on in also.

Thanks for all the tips guys! I'll double check the pilots and start out at 25's and go from there and make sure the slides are facing the right way and in sync visually. If that dont work, then Ill order a sync tool from Jeff! BTW, how many turns is the range adjustment on the air/fuel screw. If I remember correctly, is it from 1 - 2.5 turns out? Thanks again fellas!

Yes , 1-3 turns is generally your working range. Towards the max either way means you should change pilot size.

Hey guys, I fired up the shee today just to mess with the air mixture screw and what I've noticed is that when I 1st fire up my shee, if I turn off the choke halfway(leave the plunger pulled out halfways) it has EXCELLENT throttle response, just like it used to! And if I turn off the choke completley while its idling, it will bog and die unless I'm blipping the throttle and revving the motor at the same time I turn off the choke completely. :shrugani: Is this a sign of a rich or lean condition? thanks again fellas!