Very excited for my new banshee motor

SteveCZ28

well its been a very long process since i blew my banshee up 4th of july thanks to a bad crank seal, causing the bike to diesel then lose compression. so ive been gathering parts for it since then, and have been slowly building my motor. has a new hot rods crank, new seal kit throughout motor, bored top end with new wiseco pistons. i was very weary of building this motor and i was really stressed about the possibility of another air leak in the new motor then destroying the money i put into it.and i wasnt sold on the yama seal stuff (the thin gray runny waterlike gasket maker) so i built a leak down tester for it. put in 6 psi of air, and watched my gauge like a hawk....it easily surpassed what would be acceptable leak down. as i only lost .5 psi over a 30 minute period :) so i went ahead and buttoned the motor up and installed it in the bike, then did my compression test today (as its hard to do a compression test on a motor flopping all over the ground when trying to kick it over. 4 kicks it peaked at 150psi on both cylinders. another pat on the back for me as i was just stressed about that. hooked up wiring, and nice to see spark again, although it had spark when it blew,which i was surprised to see it had spark after all the mud i scraped and cleaned off the flywheel. its spick and span now. but its always nice seeing it again after a re-install of all components. i do need a idle kit for my carbs as they are the tors version and dont have idle screws and i should be able to hear this beast scream again, and do some heat cycles on it....but sorry to ramble on, im just excited about my findings on the motor, so maybe ill have more than 15 minutes of ride time on this thing again haha

Good to see another person has been helped out by this site.... and good job on tearing your motor apart (and from what it sounds) re-assembling it and doing a good job and taking your time. alot of people out there just slap them together and melt them down again and scratch their head....then point the finger at the machine shop. :cheers:

Good to see another person has been helped out by this site.... and good job on tearing your motor apart (and from what it sounds) re-assembling it and doing a good job and taking your time. alot of people out there just slap them together and melt them down again and scratch their head....then point the finger at the machine shop. :cheers:

yes this site has been very helpful, as far as me getting parts that i needed from here, and the resources/articles on here. i did assemble my blown up motor, and did my rebuild from there. went through everything to make sure everything made it, which most did, i did have some slight markings in the bottom end where the crank was from the left cylinder letting go, but i did alot of cleaning and re polishing of that area, and you cant even tell there was any damage. i did all the work myself on this motor except for the boring of the top end. so i am proud of myself on this build. ive done top ends before, but never tackled the entire motor myself. i really wanted to make sure this engine wouldnt melt down like the old one, and i did alot of very close inpections of certain parts and seals upon disassembly to figure out why it went boom. whic it was a combination of a blown crank seal, and the intake boot was torn/ripped and sucking air there also. but knowing what caused the old one to go boom, i now know the new one wont be suffering in those areas

yes this site has been very helpful, as far as me getting parts that i needed from here, and the resources/articles on here. i did assemble my blown up motor, and did my rebuild from there. went through everything to make sure everything made it, which most did, i did have some slight markings in the bottom end where the crank was from the left cylinder letting go, but i did alot of cleaning and re polishing of that area, and you cant even tell there was any damage. i did all the work myself on this motor except for the boring of the top end. so i am proud of myself on this build. ive done top ends before, but never tackled the entire motor myself. i really wanted to make sure this engine wouldnt melt down like the old one, and i did alot of very close inpections of certain parts and seals upon disassembly to figure out why it went boom. whic it was a combination of a blown crank seal, and the intake boot was torn/ripped and sucking air there also. but knowing what caused the old one to go boom, i now know the new one wont be suffering in those areas

its supposed to say dis assemble old motor. i didnt build the old motor, thus the reason it blew up haha