best shocks

jayc

I am upgrading my shocks and would like opinions on the best, money no object. (no revalves). I dune and trail ride and will do some drags, probably heading to glamis this winter. I am around 200 lbs. I have heard Motowoz were the best, any suggestions? .........+2 a arms ....10 mil serval x 70mm

I am upgrading my shocks and would like opinions on the best, money no object. (no revalves). I dune and trail ride and will do some drags, probably heading to glamis this winter. I am around 200 lbs. I have heard Motowoz were the best, any suggestions? .........+2 a arms ....10 mil serval x 70mm

contact our sponsor matt at socal suspensions. money is no object than he can hook you up with some serious stuff.

Custom axis gets my vote. I have read good things about motowoz on 450 forums though. Not sure if they make shocks for banshees. Matt at socal suspensions has done a ton of testing with different shock brands and feels custom axis is the leader in shock performance and quality.

Yep, hands down Custom Axis is the best in the business.

Odd timing... I JUST had the opportunity today to work on a Raptor 250 today with Motowoz shocks. What I like about them, is they use mostly the same technology that is used by the major offroad shock manufacturers: Bilstein, Fox, King, and Swayaway.

What I don't like about them, is their background... they haven't been in business for very long compared to the competition which makes me fear that they will soon be out of business. It will probably end up turning into a TCS-ish situation where they get bought out, and neutralized. Parts will become obsolete shortly thereafter.

I would stick with a big, well known company. It wouldn't take more than a few months for a company to go under, and you never be able to find parts again. Custom Axis is owned by Penske... they're not going anywhere. Next one down on the list is Elka.

Odd timing... I JUST had the opportunity today to work on a Raptor 250 today with Motowoz shocks. What I like about them, is they use mostly the same technology that is used by the major offroad shock manufacturers: Bilstein, Fox, King, and Swayaway.

What I don't like about them, is their background... they haven't been in business for very long compared to the competition which makes me fear that they will soon be out of business. It will probably end up turning into a TCS-ish situation where they get bought out, and neutralized. Parts will become obsolete shortly thereafter.

I would stick with a big, well known company. It wouldn't take more than a few months for a company to go under, and you never be able to find parts again. Custom Axis is owned by Penske... they're not going anywhere. Next one down on the list is Elka.

Thanks for the info

Motowoz has been in business since 2005. Genrally you give a business 3-5 years if their still around they will most likely survive. The owners were in this business before is what I was told. Needless to say I went all top of the line Motowoz front and back. I will give some feedback later.

• 1 year later...

I seen this & was just wondering if Matt still agree with his last sentence before I buy elka's?